• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

SMF 2 Importer

I have tried this Importer yesterday and this did not work.
so we have to wait for a working one, hope this will be soon, because my XF site is already done and i want to convert and restart with XF.

I have tried this Importer yesterday and this did not work.
so we have to wait for a working one, hope this will be soon, because my XF site is already done and i want to convert and restart with XF.

I would not suggest you wait for a working smf importer as this one is far from being developed right now. You could try uing vBulletin's importer first import data to vBulletin and then to XenForo.

I would not suggest you wait for a working smf importer as this one is far from being developed right now. You could try uing vBulletin's importer first import data to vBulletin and then to XenForo.
The Impex importer for attachments/avatars is broken.

i have tried it with vb3.8 and this has also failed (im not in the vb stuff)

The Impex importer for attachments/avatars is broken.

I couldn't import attachments and avatars but I could do the rest. It was a SMF2 board with 15k post and 4k users. There still needed some bbcode transformation but esentially it did the job. Maybe you go over xenfans.com they have experience in migration.

I wish I had time to finish this but I simply don't. I will be converting another forums some time in the future and when I do I will revisit this. I simply can't find time to do this when there is no return from it... I have too much other stuff to do.

I will work on this again when I need it and open source it so hopefully I get some help solving any bugs it has. Importers simply aren't easy things to debug/test in the current system.

Don't worry I will bug my SMF site to help testing the importer. :sneaky:

Ok so i am trying to convert so far so good but i get these errors whilst in conversion process

any ideas?

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: retain_keys

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 63
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/domains/cybercentralforums.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Which importer are you using?

You may be better off posting in the specific thread.

what does this mean

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: retain_keys

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 63
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/domains/cybercentralforums.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13

This is a third party importer add-on, you will need to get support in the add-on thread.

Top Bottom