1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Small (searchable/filterable) custom databases?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by querschlaeger, Aug 31, 2015.

1. querschlaeger

querschlaeger Member

is it possible (also with addons) to create small custom databases?

A little example: At the moment on my board are a forum for swapping university places (users creates a default thread). But I want it a little bit more professional and use a little database with custom fields (drop down with own/source university; drop down with target university and a radio box with semester).

I thought the resource manager may be the solution but I can't find a way to show only entries with a specific custom field value to filter the database (if there are hidden/undocumented URLs: please share your knowledge!).
    [ When there are hundreds of entries and you want to swap away from your university, you want to show only the entries with your own university set as target university [ from the view of someone other ] ]

I found this addon: Showcase (Item Management System, Reviews, Guides, Garage etc)
    But without a demo version I can not check if it meet requirements...
  2. querschlaeger

querschlaeger Member

It seems this site using a filterable item database: Websites For Sale

Does someone know how it is realized?
  3. Creaky

Creaky Active Member

Demo for showcase can be found on the developers own site

Xen Addons

The Digital Point marketplace I believe is custom coded.