Slidey Toggley Stuff (split from some other thread)

Erik

Hahahahaha... me... a professional designer... :ROFLMAO: (although I do have a custom user title now... :cautious:)

Anyways I always really liked their IBP skins and it's cool that they are coming to XenForo. Their XF skin previews do look a lot like their IPB skins, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. :)

Personally, I would like to see future versions of XF build up the styling framework so that we don't all have to develop essentially our own version of Miko's type of styling framework, when that could be standardized and built into the core, allowing for more powerful and flexible styles. :)

Personally, I would like to see future versions of XF build up the styling framework so that we don't all have to develop essentially our own version of Miko's type of styling framework, when that could be standardized and built into the core, allowing for more powerful and flexible styles. :)

You and me both Erik :)

Although I have been contemplating taking the time to make my own framework.. it would have been great for a lot of those features to be built in.

You and me both Erik :)

Although I have been contemplating taking the time to make my own framework.. it would have been great for a lot of those features to be built in.

There are some features that are in mikos frame work that I still think should be in the core for more flexible styling. Never could understand why they were left out when these features are maximum a 2 day job (probably less with kiers and mike talent). I'm still hopeful a change of mind from them will happen and they'll be included into the core someday.

There are some features that are in mikos frame work that I still think should be in the core for more flexible styling. Never could understand why they were left out when these features are maximum a 2 day job (probably less with kiers and mike talent). I'm still hopeful a change of mind from them will happen and they'll be included into the core someday.

Yeah I have to agree with you there Shelley. I know they are trying very much to keep the product to it's clean lean ideals, but unfortunately lots of people love a bit of messy functionality, and slidey hidey fun bits. I could spend hours just logging into the ACP to watch the fun way the logo does it's little thing... wwwweeeeeeee:love:

Of course there is always the possibility not everyone is as easily amused as me.. hmmm :giggle:

Yeah I have to agree with you there Shelley. I know they are trying very much to keep the product to it's clean lean ideals, but unfortunately lots of people love a bit of messy functionality, and slidey hidey fun bits. I could spend hours just logging into the ACP to watch the fun way the logo does it's little thing... wwwweeeeeeee:love:

Of course there is always the possibility not everyone is as easily amused as me.. hmmm :giggle:
I click the category collapse on xenFracture for about a hour, so count me in on easily amused o_O.

I click the category collapse on xenFracture for about a hour, so count me in on easily amused o_O.

Category collapse and sidebar toggle my timbers are 2 of the features i feel should be cored up and ready to go. So yeah, after my day of stripping wallpaper my amusement level has now been raised and is in sight. I'm ready to chuckle I'm ready to join the chuckle club.

Gosh.. we do seem to have done a bit of a topic hi-jack here.. perhaps one of our beloved mods or admins would be kind enough to split this discussion out to the Off Topic thread.

Sorry to the OP, and to Ehren!

I am all for lean and mean, but I feel it can be even worse if various styles use various 3rd party frameworks that are likely even less optimized.

Ideally the default "style enhancement framework" would only load on styles that explicitly request to use it. :) If I do end up developing my own style framework, I will release it under an open-source or creative commons license so others can use it to build themes. :)

Yes I agree, relying on third party resources as a third party resource provider is less than ideal.

It seems so inefficient for all of us Stylers to have to build our own framework of what could be easily included in the base product.

Top Bottom