Skyrim Forums -

Do you like our forum?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Nope!

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

Renegader

Skyrim Forums is a forum dedicated to the fifth chapter in the Elder Scrolls Series: Skyrim. Join us and be able to converse with fellow Skyrimmers, download mods, read tutorials, and debate or seek help about the game. If you love Skyrim, this is the forum for you. There are also various competitions which include winning awesome things like Microsoft points, gift cards, PSN cards and even Skyrim itself.

The domain was created sometime in September but it wasn't until the release date of Skyrim where massive amounts of traffic poured in. In the past month, (November 2011) there has been 1.7 million pageviews and 500k unique visits. As of December the 6th, we almost have 20,000 posts and 2000 members.

What do you all think of it, guys? :)

Before this, we were using MyBB. XenForo is a huge step forward in every aspect. Our page rank jumped from 0 to 4 in a month!

Interesting story!

I did not know skyrim would be that big of a niche! I had thoughts of making a skyrim forum, but I felt like it would be a small market for a forum, this thread proves me wrong. :eek:

How dare you sir.
To be fair, not a lot of single-game niches take off like that.

I launched MVC3Forum earlier this year, I have seen a lot of traffic for the site, but not like a lot of members flooding in like SkyrimForums obviously did.

One would expect a Call of Duty forum to soar on new game launches, but not a game like MVC3 or Skyrim. I know that the elder scrolls series is a huge market in itself, but I'm not completely sure about a forum for it.

It's like this, I thought that a PlayStation Vita forum wouldn't be as popular as it is now. psvitaforum.com got 300 members, and more than 18 thousand posts now. It started as a NGP forum... even that, I didn't think it would be popular, now a whole year later, kaboom! Just when I least expect it, it just explodes.

Skyrim Forums is a forum dedicated to the fifth chapter in the Elder Scrolls Series: Skyrim. Join us and be able to converse with fellow Skyrimmers, download mods, read tutorials, and debate or seek help about the game. If you love Skyrim, this is the forum for you. There are also various competitions which include winning awesome things like Microsoft points, gift cards, PSN cards and even Skyrim itself.

The domain was created sometime in September but it wasn't until the release date of Skyrim where massive amounts of traffic poured in. In the past month, (November 2011) there has been 1.7 million pageviews and 500k unique visits. As of December the 6th, we almost have 20,000 posts and 2000 members.

What do you all think of it, guys? :)

Before this, we were using MyBB. XenForo is a huge step forward in every aspect. Our page rank jumped from 0 to 4 in a month!

Well done, you've done great getting so many members and that amount of posts so fast since September. I don't usually follow games anymore, but this Skyrim game has caught my eye because it's been hard to avoid how massively popular it is with gamers right now. I've always generally said it's a bad idea to start a forum covering a game, mainly because once that game becomes old you'll lose posters over time as a result until the forum just dies on you one day. They tend to be short lived while the game is still popular with people.

But, it does seem nowadays if you want to start a new forum and get members. It's the way to go now, cover that right game and you can be onto a winner. I guess you just have to think about covering other popular games later to keep your member-base there happily posting.

Well done, you've done great getting so many members and that amount of posts so fast since September. I don't usually follow games anymore, but this Skyrim game has caught my eye because it's been hard to avoid how massively popular it is with gamers right now. I've always generally said it's a bad idea to start a forum covering a game, mainly because once that game becomes old you'll lose posters over time as a result until the forum just dies on you one day. They tend to be short lived while the game is still popular with people.

But, it does seem nowadays if you want to start a new forum and get members. It's the way to go now, cover that right game and you can be onto a winner. I guess you just have to think about covering other popular games later to keep your member-base there happily posting.

I have exactly the same attitude to this as you, I never am really for forums that are based on one game because in a few months it will start to die down. A prime example is Dead Island. The forums may be active for a few weeks or even a month or two but then it will just die down. Where will your members go? Probably just not visit anymore.

Skyrim seems to be extremely promising and looking at Bethesda's Oblivion which was released in 2006 the Oblivion community still seems to be pretty strong, I'm hoping the same thing with Skyrim. Even if it starts to die down, I can just direct members to my general gaming forums.

just a quick recap;

X90LF.jpg

Attachments

• X90LF.webp
    X90LF.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom