Site Wide - Bot/SEO Friendly - Limited Guest Viewing

DieselMinded

We all want this why hasn't no one developed it yet , not much sense in limiting thread viewing and letting them look at groups/links etc other add ons unlimited , we need a site wide limiting add-on

So if I understand correctly, you would allow bots (or certain bots) to index your forum, but disallow guests from viewing the content, the guest would need to register to view the content.

So if I understand correctly, you would allow bots (or certain bots) to index your forum, but disallow guests from viewing the content, the guest would need to register to view the content.

I wish to allow "limited" viewing ... Like x amount of pages only then show an over lay of registration page blocking the content under it, i would prefer this over a redirect to registration page.

I want this to be x pages total rather that be 4 threads , 2 gallery images, 4 link directory pages , 2 group pages , 3 page nodes etc...

once a limit is set in admin cp and X amount of views (site wide) are reached the overlay triggers

Maybe we can do this with a timer , each IP address gets 5 mins of free viewing , than the over lay triggers and will always be there on that IP address unless they proxy or sign up

@AndyB

This is a start:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-maximum-guest-views.4829/

I'm sure the developer could expand the function of this addon since the basic framework is already built-in here.

Edit: Let me qualify that I use this addon for the purpose of letting bots view content while limiting guest views of core content. Registration and participation improved after this was implemented.

don't really help me because guests can view the best parts of my site with out becoming a member

don't really help me because guests can view the best parts of my site with out becoming a member
I'm sure the developer could expand the function of this addon since the basic framework is already built-in here.
As quoted above. Since the framework is built, you could contact the developer to expand the existing function.

We only limit guests ~5 views in our core or feature areas... you need a lot more than five views to see the good stuff. Once the hit the ceiling, they can't see anything more until they join.

As quoted above. Since the framework is built, you could contact the developer to expand the existing function.

We only limit guests ~5 views in our core or feature areas... you need a lot more than five views to see the good stuff. Once the hit the ceiling, they can't see anything more until they join.
i think a timer is best 5 mins is just under my bounce rate

Top Bottom