Site removed from Bing & Duck Duck Go

Mr. Jinx

Today I discovered that my Xenforo community has been removed from Bing & Duck Duck Go.
I was wondering if someone else ever had to deal with the same issue as I don't understand why this happened.

The community does not contain any illegal activity, no politics, no hate. It is very good moderated.
There also was no warning and in Bing Webmaster Tools everything is OK. Site is being indexed.

I'm going to try contact Microsoft but that seems like a dead end if I read the stories on internet.

I had one removed from Bing a year or so back; I think I contacted them via their webmaster tools, they replied within a day, but then referred the site to the "product review team", they took a couple of weeks then reinstated the site without being able to tell me what was wrong.

You can always try tweeting them if you get no luck elsewhere https://twitter.com/BingWMC

Two of my new websites aren’t being indexed on there and I have contacted them and they’ve said there’s no issues. I know a lot of people have been having troubles with them, being deindexed or not being indexed at all. This all happened after IndexNow!

Microsoft... that says it all, right?

This is the same company that blocks your emails if you don't use an "approved" sender, or if you don't pay to be listed in their "safe lists" that they access.

I was wondering if someone else ever had to deal with the same issue as I don't understand why this happened
One of mine has the same problem; even after contacting support they wouldn't say why we got removed and are still de-indexed. Very frustrating especially since the Bing bots are still visiting near daily. No warnings, no issues in the Bing webmaster tools, no explanation given when we reached out, just 'poof!' and gone.

Okay, I raised a support ticket. Once (if) I get an answer, I'll post it over here.
Although Bing's marketshare is nothing compared to Google, we can use every single visitor finding our site!

Okay, I raised a support ticket. Once (if) I get an answer, I'll post it over here.
Although Bing's marketshare is nothing compared to Google, we can use every single visitor finding our site!
Honestly, I didn't care about disappearing in Bing as much as I did Duck Duck Go since Duck' uses Bings directory. If I remember correctly, Yahoo uses Bing's directory also (I lost track of what Yahoo is up to these days).

Me too... where's the link to ask what the hell they are doing?

cheers

Alex

Update: I have contacted webmaster tools too.

We will get back to you in 10 days.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't know if it was support that fixed it, maybe it was a global problem.
Support:

Top Bottom