Site not loading - Fatal Error: XCache: Cannot init

Sage Knight

My site has been having this issue since this morning:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: XCache: Cannot init - Unknown:0
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 7:39 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://www.XXXX.com/5986/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I've contacted my host and they told me it's related to a potentially bad XF addon that's causing 'memory leaks', so far things are extremely slow throughout my site. I already disabled all of my addons and even uninstalled a few.

Any ideas?

Well if you disabled all your add-ons and also uninstalled the few recent that you added... Try commenting out the cache values you've added to your config.php IF this solve it, than the problem may very well likely be with your host configuration (despite what they tell you)

Well if you disabled all your add-ons and also uninstalled the few recent that you added... Try commenting out the cache values you've added to your config.php IF this solve it, than the problem may very well likely be with your host configuration (despite what they tell you)

I don't have any backend cache mechanism at all, my config is literally only the database info.

I have a feeling of that too, I didn't install anything for the past few weeks so I'm still looking on what I can do. So far even my control panel (Plesk) is as slow as the site.

I don't have any backend cache mechanism at all, my config is literally only the database info.

I have a feeling of that too, I didn't install anything for the past few weeks so I'm still looking on what I can do. So far even my control panel (Plesk) is as slow as the site.
Plesk uses more resource than even cPanel and way more than Direct Admin.

But regardless, the control panel is typically system wide (vps or dedicated). If your control panel is running slow there is a problem with the configuration and has nothing to do with you copy of XenForo.

Is this a shared, vps, or dedicated?

Plesk uses more resource than even cPanel and way more than Direct Admin.

But regardless, the control panel is typically system wide (vps or dedicated). If your control panel is running slow there is a problem with the configuration and has nothing to do with you copy of XenForo.

Is this a shared, vps, or dedicated?

Now that I have checked I am able to login to my Plesk Panel (Previously I wasn't able to)

It's a managed VPS.

Now that I have checked I am able to login to my Plesk Panel (Previously I wasn't able to)

It's a managed VPS.
OK, because it's a VPS that would imply that you have some control over it. It's managed which means you also have some help from your host.

My guess is if you have not changed anything on the server or your site; perhaps Plesk did an auto update and something went "boom" (for a simple term). Plesk has been known to do that.

But at least this does rule out your XenForo install

OK, because it's a VPS that would imply that you have some control over it. It's managed which means you also have some help from your host.

My guess is if you have not changed anything on the server or your site; perhaps Plesk did an auto update and something went "boom" (for a simple term). Plesk has been known to do that.

But at least this does rule out your XenForo install

I actually just sent an e-mail regarding the same thing to my host (just a few mins ago). I did notice it 'auto' updated itself on the 5th of June.

Check to make your xcache config wasn't wiped out by the Plesk upgrade.

Whatever happened, it's now fixed. I didn't do anything besides disabling addons, maybe it was the host - can't say for certain as it's currently past midnight in the UK.

I will try figuring this out as I'm really intrigued.

My site has been having this issue since this morning:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: XCache: Cannot init - Unknown:0
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 7:39 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://www.XXXX.com/5986/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I've contacted my host and they told me it's related to a potentially bad XF addon that's causing 'memory leaks', so far things are extremely slow throughout my site. I already disabled all of my addons and even uninstalled a few.

Any ideas?
Awful to hear you are having fatal issues.
Fatal issues are fatal issues. The only way how to fix it is to get rid of the buggy/dodgy upgrade and download another copy of the software and start all over again. Do not use that dodgey add on from XF. Put that as a bug because it's obviously stuffed your forum up.

I'd personally think you ran out of space in the xcache, and it was no longer able to add to itself. Restarting PHP/Apache would have cleared the memory allocation to xcache, causing the sites to load again.

Awful to hear you are having fatal issues.
Fatal issues are fatal issues. The only way how to fix it is to get rid of the buggy/dodgy upgrade and download another copy of the software and start all over again. Do not use that dodgey add on from XF. Put that as a bug because it's obviously stuffed your forum up.

Well I can't exactly blame the addons since it took hours for the board to come back to normal even when I did uninstall a few addons. Things finally sorted this morning when my host also took another look.

I'd personally think you ran out of space in the xcache, and it was no longer able to add to itself. Restarting PHP/Apache would have cleared the memory allocation to xcache, causing the sites to load again.

I also have a hunch it's a cache issue, 1) Because of the error mention xcache 2) Even when I did strip down my board it made no difference, it sorted out by itself (completely randomly).

Well I can't exactly blame the addons since it took hours for the board to come back to normal even when I did uninstall a few addons. Things finally sorted this morning when my host also took another look.

I also have a hunch it's a cache issue, 1) Because of the error mention xcache 2) Even when I did strip down my board it made no difference, it sorted out by itself (completely randomly).
Can you post the Xcache settings from your PHP.ini file?

Top Bottom