XF 1.2 Site domain not working unless site.tld/forum/

I thought you told me to put the .htaccess in /forum/ not in the root? Anyways... should I just add
Code:
RewriteRule ^$ /forum [L]
to .htaccess in my root directory and I should be good to go?
You need the one containing this in your /var/www directory (as instructed ealier)
You need the shipping XenForo one in your /var/www/forum directory (possibly with the ReWriteBase /forum) uncommented.

You need the one containing this in your /var/www directory (as instructed ealier)
You need the shipping XenForo one in your /var/www/forum directory (possibly with the ReWriteBase /forum) uncommented.
Weird. I did all that and I'm still not able to access my site with the bare domain. I also never had to do anything like this when setting up my site on my old VPS, so idk.

EDIT: After posting that I went to look at the things I've changed since setting up my website on my new box. I feel like such an idiot... I found out what I did. I'm sorry for wasting your time :/

Last edited:
Weird. I did all that and I'm still not able to access my site with the bare domain. I also never had to do anything like this when setting up my site on my old VPS, so idk.

EDIT: After posting that I went to look at the things I've changed since setting up my website on my new box. I feel like such an idiot... I found out what I did. I'm sorry for wasting your time :/
It's not a waste of time... and to help out others, what was your solution (what had you done/forgotten to do)?

@Tracy Perry Well, this was my index.php file originally
Code:
<?php
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header("Location: http://hossfactions.com/forum/index.php?portal/");
exit();
?>
Then when I switched to my new VPS I never put the /forum/index.php?portal/ part.

@Tracy Perry Well, this was my index.php file originally
Code:
<?php
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header("Location: http://hossfactions.com/forum/index.php?portal/");
exit();
?>
Then when I switched to my new VPS I never put the /forum/index.php?portal/ part.
It should work with the re-write that I provided (and assuming you've done the routes correctly in XenForo and XenPorta) without an index.php present. Either way works though.

Top Bottom