XF 1.2 Single vs Double columns

LuvMeSumZen

I had some customization done and had asked for double columns of forums. After feedback from users especially mobile users it's obvious I need to revert back to single columns like comes standard with xf. What template would I likely find the code for this?

I had some customization done and had asked for double columns of forums. After feedback from users especially mobile users it's obvious I need to revert back to single columns like comes standard with xf. What template would I likely find the code for this?

Would these customisations have been made within the EXTRA.CSS template? If they are in there, you could simply remove the code.

As oman mentioned the code will most likely reside in your EXTRA.CSS template or if it's a custom style with it's own custom css template it could reside in there. If html edits were made then you'll have to remove those edits from within that template also. You can easily find out which templates where edited since they are highlighted in bright red (as seen in screenshot)

Screenshot_1.webp
Alternatively, if it's soley css you could glance at @Brogans responsive guide and use media query's so when users are in responsive it displays the sigle column whilst on full desktop view it will retain those dual columns. Brogans guide will give you a good foundation and understanding how the whole responsive thing works and well worth the read.

Thanks for the great answers guys. Shelley I didn't know why some of the templates were red thanks for sharing that - I have modified several templates successfully without blowing up my forum but there's still a lot of basic stuff I don't know like why the text was red. I probably have no business attempting it but ya don't try ya don't learn. I'll just make sure to back up the site and also make a copy of the pre-mod code. Thanks.

Thanks for the great answers guys. Shelley I didn't know why some of the templates were red thanks for sharing that - I have modified several templates successfully without blowing up my forum but there's still a lot of basic stuff I don't know like why the text was red. I probably have no business attempting it but ya don't try ya don't learn. I'll just make sure to back up the site and also make a copy of the pre-mod code. Thanks.

Well that's it don't ever be afraid to experiment (it's how I learned) so there's never any harm in that. And if your unsure about anything post it here and somebody will always be willing to help out or guide you in some way. :)

Top Bottom