1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Single Forum Node On Forum List

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by CFodder, Mar 22, 2016.

1. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Am contemplating setting up a forum which has a single category and forum node. Is it possible to have the forums tab point to this single forum node and have it basically 'invisible' to the user so what is now the forum list would just be a view of the threads within the single forum node? The breadcrumb would just show Home > Forums

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can change the Index Page Route to make the landing/index page the forum.

You can either use a Route Filter or an .htaccess redirect to automatically forward forums/ to forums/forum.

The only way to modify the breadcrumb would likely be by editing the PAGE_CONTAINER template (it would show Home > Forums by default but you don't want the Forums element, although it wouldn't matter with the redirect in place).

3. CFodder

Okay, thank you for that Brogan I will try both ideas. Did know of .htaccess but unsure if it would have had the desired result.

4. Svoboda

Svoboda Member

Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to do something similar.

5. CFodder

No, I got distracted by shiny things and haven't given it a go yet.

Svoboda likes this.