1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on simple internal message to member add on

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Echelon, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

If you want to write a snippet to another member you have to create a discussion.

I did not find any but is there a add on or can someone develop a addon that gives the possibility to send a simple [whatsapp like] [tweet like] from one member to another member with use of the @usernameblabla hashtag?

2. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

Use profile posting.

Echelon likes this.
  3. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

maybe im blind but....where?
    i do not see this on my platform

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Your profile, as in this http://xenforo.com/community/members/echelon.59355/

So someone could visit your profile and post a message. Similarly you could visit their profile and do the same. Or you can simply post on your own profile and tag the user in your profile post and they will get an alert.

Echelon likes this.
  5. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

you mean here...see visual....with @.......

status.png

on my platform its like this...with post to twitter and/or facebook...mmm

status2.png

6. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

Posted on your profile.

7. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

posted back....but still i think this is too difficult for users......they have to go to their profile to post......would be better to have a widget in the sidebar that says........sent message to any user

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You've got add-ons adding all of those extra tabs.

@Echelon how long have you been using XenForo? ;)

Echelon and Aayush like this.
  9. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

Do a few template edits and use some JS to make the Status form pop up where ever you like.

Echelon likes this.
  10. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

do you refer to the ******* add on or another one. and yes......kinda new to xenforo so im still allowed to ask stupid questions that make no sense ;-)

11. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

im no programmer ;-)

12. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

As I mentioned in my profile post, you can post status updates from the dropdown from your name at the top right of the forums:

upload_2014-8-8_11-26-3.png

I agree that being able to post your status from the Profile posts block would be great. There's a suggestion for this here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/new-profile-posts-post-status.79609/

Don't forget to like the first post. :)

Echelon likes this.
  13. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

liked it.....and that's is exactly what i meant.......an easier .....way way way easier way to do this.

14. Echelon

Echelon Active Member