1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple home page

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Brogan, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm just finishing up a simple home page add-on, which will allow you to select a Page node to use as a home page, with a focussed home tab.
    Setting the index page route to the page URL will enable it to be a landing page with the root URL.
    In addition, a couple of simple template modifications change the page title and the browser tab to the board name.

The options are very basic as it's not intended to be a replacement for a proper home page/portal add-on.

It's something I have seen requested quite a few times though, so it should suffice for those who just want to use a Page node.

Some screenshots.

page-node.png options-no-breadcrumbs.png options-index-page-route.png forum-index-home-page-active.png home-page.png
    RoldanLT, thomas1, Martok and 5 others like this.
  2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

Is it possible to add latest threads to this page?
  3. Brogan

With a PHP callback in the page node, yes.
  4. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Widget Framework can do this, if you're still using it.
    Brogan likes this.
  5. Brogan

Thanks @Steve F, I thought that may be the case but wasn't sure.
  6. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

I am, but I haven't been able to figure the thing out yet. And there doesn't seem to be documentation
  7. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

8. Brogan