• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Simple Forms Addon - BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question.

When somsone fill sout a form, will we be able to control who its sent to or who is notified of its existance?

Like with user groups?

Question.

When somsone fill sout a form, will we be able to control who its sent to or who is notified of its existance?

Like with user groups?

Depends on where you want the submitted data to go...

Do you want it to go to a new thread, post, conversation or email?

Depends on where you want the submitted data to go...

Do you want it to go to a new thread, post, conversation or email?

Not sure.

As of now, we use a forum section for applications, and people with the user group to view the section can to see if there are new posts. Only problem is it doesnt alert anyone so you have to be actively looking.

When i used a diffrent forum software, when a form was submitted, it was posted in a forum setion as a new thread and an alert sent to all the people capible of seeing the section.

Not sure.

As of now, we use a forum section for applications, and people with the user group to view the section can to see if there are new posts. Only problem is it doesnt alert anyone so you have to be actively looking.

When i used a diffrent forum software, when a form was submitted, it was posted in a forum setion as a new thread and an alert sent to all the people capible of seeing the section.

We may look into integrating form submissions with user alerts, but at the moment it's not going to be in our initial release.

Also, we have begun beta testing, so please keep a look out for this thread and once testing is done we will move onto the public release :).

You can also keep tabs on our web site which is now live: http://www.liquidpro.net

Thanks!

John, I was wondering if your form addon was suited to our needs (it looks like it is but I thought I'd check).

We have a site where users submit news/links from other sites (think Macrumours-like if you're familar with that).

What we'd like is to set up a form that contains:

Source webtsite name
Source website URL
Title of news story
Introduction to story written by submitter
Snippet of news story pasted in by user and linking to original source.
Final comments on story written by submitter

Would it be possible to define a form like that which would submit a thread to a specific node (for mod-approval) and display the contents as

all in the thread body, formatted how we want, etc?

John, I was wondering if your form addon was suited to our needs (it looks like it is but I thought I'd check).

We have a site where users submit news/links from other sites (think Macrumours-like if you're familar with that).

What we'd like is to set up a form that contains:

Source webtsite name
Source website URL
Title of news story

Would it be possible to define a form like that which would submit a thread to a specific node (for mod-approval) and display the contents as

all in the thread body, formatted how we want, etc?

Absolutely. This is a perfect example of what our Simple Forms Plus will allow you to do.

Sold ;-)

If it's possible to get access whenever you release a public beta that'd be great so we can start testing things (this would just be on our test board so I don't think we'd qualify for your current beta).

Sold ;-)

If it's possible to get access whenever you release a public beta that'd be great so we can start testing things (this would just be on our test board so I don't think we'd qualify for your current beta).

There won't be a public beta, but there will be a stable release after we finish the private beta. We will announce it once it's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom