• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Simple Audio Video Emdeder

vbgamer45

Simple Audio Video Embeder
By: vbgamer45

This addon auto embeds videos from popular video media sites into posts. The user does not have to use any media tags at all. Just enter the link of the video sharing site inside a post and the media player will auto emded into the post.

To use as of XenForo Beta 5 you must install the following fix
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...o-bbcode-formatter-base-php.9218/#post-126429

Currently supported sites:
BET,BlogDumpsVideo,BlogTV,Bungie.net,CNN iReport,Clipfish.de,Clipmoon,Clipshack,Clipsyndicate,
College Humor,Comedy Central,Crackle,DailyMotion,Espn,Facebook,Funnyordie.com,G4tv,Gametrailers,
Goear,Google Video,IGN,Izlesene.com,JibJab,Joystiq,LiveLeak,MaYoMo,Mail.ru,MarketNewsVideo,
Mefeedia,MegaVideo,Metacafe,Mevio,Mpora,MySpace,MyVideo.de,Novamov,NyTimes,PBS,Rambler.ru,
Reuters,Rutube,SchoolTube,Sevenload,Stagevu,Stream.cz,TNT,Tangle.com,TinyPic.com,Trophy-clips.com,
Trtube,Twitvid,USteam.tv,VH1,Veoh,Vimeo,Worldstarhiphop.com,XFire,Yahoo,Youku,Youtube,justin.tv

No settings to configure instantly ready to use.

Install information:
1.Upload the library and data folder to the root directory of your Xenforo forum
2. In the Admin CP go to Home then Install Add On area and select and install the simpleaudiovideoembeder.xml from your computer

Attachments

this is very nice, thanks
smile.png

I found a bug in it, should be removed. After installing it one of my threads was giving a 503 error, and the thread was working just fine before the installing the mod. So after getting the 503 error in that certain thread I uninstalled the mod, and the thread started working again.

I found a bug in it, should be removed. After installing it one of my threads was giving a 503 error, and the thread was working just fine before the installing the mod. So after getting the 503 error in that certain thread I uninstalled the mod, and the thread started working again.

Seems to work fine for me. No errors here.

Do you know what video site was in that post? And do you have a server error log?

I'm giving this a try right now but when you make these, PLEASE set the permissions on the folders. You have them all at 700 and they overwrite the ones in the system. Data has to be at 777 and library at 755.

Code:
Server Error

call_user_func(simpleaudiovideoembeder_db::save_install) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
   2. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
   3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
   4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
   5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
   6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
   7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

This is what happens when I try and install the addon.

Have you reuploaded the library folder from the addon?

Yup. Uploaded it twice.

But I think I just figured it out. You have all files set at 600 and all folders at 700. I had to go in and manually change each one to get it to work. Pain in the rear.

The addon does not change or set file permisions it leaves them as is. If you upload them and they change permission that might be a server configuration issue.

And...disabled. When creating new threads it threw up an error. When trying to reply it went to a blank page.

The addon does not change or set file permisions it leaves them as is. If you upload them and they change permission that might be a server configuration issue.

No. No it isn't. I've put several addons in and tested them. To date I've had issues with two. This one and KeyCAPTCHA. I sense a trend that will not be repeated.

I haven't done anything differently that I can tell nor have I seen addons set file permissions on each addons classes that are added
I don't think it is possible to set file permissions to fix that issue that you have. I could create an install script for each addon that tries to change file permissions on those files. But if the install script does not have the correct permissions to run then it would not work or matter.

And so you know, the error it gives is:

Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /home/******/public_html/xenforo/library/simpleaudiovideoembeder/ViewPublic/simpleaudiovideoembeder.php on line 40

Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /library/simpleaudiovideoembeder/ViewPublic/simpleaudiovideoembeder.php on line 40

Hmm, that's not good.

Did you upload the data folder? And make sure it is writable or at least the mediaprocache.php file inside that folder.

Top Bottom