1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Similar Threads

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ManagerJosh, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Do we need similar threads again ?
  2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

There's a thread somewhere around that talked about the tagging system, but taking that further and having a list of similar threads based on tags. I think that would be really useful rather than just a basic similar threads section.
    sami simo likes this.
  3. Derek Ivey

Derek Ivey Member

I think a similar threads feature would be useful. Also maybe have a feature on the new thread page that checks to see if there are similar threads already and alert the user before they post in order to cut down on duplicate threads.
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

I've recently turned it off on a lot of sites. The statistics shown that 95% was search engines / crawlers, and from the 5% it were incidental clicks. Clutter on the page for me then, so turned it off. People rather use search (so it seems) to find the content, can't find it? They (hopefully) post about it.

Mods can always merge threads.
  5. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Yeah, similar threads can add clutter something that this design doesn't have and shouldn't have and from floris statistics has little value for most.
  6. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

unfortunately none or a few use this feature ... so isn't requested ... :)
    Mike Law likes this.