Signature

FriscoCharlie

What are reasonable signature settings?

People are telling me that they cannot edit their signatures and ad an image, etc.

Thank you.

Attachments

• signature_settings.webp
    signature_settings.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 25
The screenshot shows the permissions from one user group. Use Analyse Permissions in the ACP on a user who can't edit their signature to check their final permissions for all user groups they are in. It's likely you have Never set in other user group permissions (don't use Never as it can't be overridden, use Not Set (No)).

What are reasonable signature settings?

People are telling me that they cannot edit their signatures and ad an image, etc.

Thank you.
For what it's worth I only allow Premium members to use signatures. Signatures that get out of hand and potentially cause you to lose your Google ads (if users abuse it by using inappropriate images).

I used to love signatures... now I really do not care for them, especially images. Without signatures gives your threads a MUCH cleaner look.

For what it's worth I only allow Premium members to use signatures. Signatures that get out of hand and potentially cause you to lose your Google ads (if users abuse it by using inappropriate images).

I used to love signatures... now I really do not care for them, especially images. Without signatures gives your threads a MUCH cleaner look.
You can actually Hide signatures from Guests/Google by unticking "Show Signatures to Guests" in SEO options in the ACP.

Any help for this question folks?
Signatures are nice and whatnot, but they should be plain and simple. Signatures with images often time distract and take attention away from the message that the signature is beneath.

My opinion? Clean signatures with maybe two to three lines and however many links - but people seem to abuse images the most (or do it unintentionally), so no images allowed. (Most posts don't have images either, which means any signature with an image would probably grab more attention than the contents of the post)

Signatures are nice and whatnot, but they should be plain and simple. Signatures with images often time distract and take attention away from the message that the signature is beneath.
This will vary from site to site. On gaming websites such as mine, picture signatures are more important than on other types of forums.

Guys, I am aware of that (signature problems) from many years of running a forum. There was a vBulletin add-on that caused a user's signature to only be shown in their first post to any thread. I liked that.

But, my problem is, that my users can't seem to edit theirs. I am confused about the maximum characters, etc. Everyone says they cannot edit their signatures.

Guys, I am aware of that (signature problems) from many years of running a forum. There was a vBulletin add-on that caused a user's signature to only be shown in their first post to any thread. I liked that.

But, my problem is, that my users can't seem to edit theirs. I am confused about the maximum characters, etc. Everyone says they cannot edit their signatures.
Have you read my first post in this thread?

Post a screenshot of Analyse Permissions showing the final permissions of one of the users who can't edit their signature.

Also, what exactly happens when one of these users tries to edit their signature? Any error messages? If so, what does the message say?

Top Bottom