Signature size limits in xF

CTXMedia

Does xF support limiting the size of members' signatures?

I only ask because some of them here are 5 times longer than the post the person makes, and in a number of cases it is difficult to tell when the post content stops and the signature begins.

A number of times I've had to do a double-take because I have wondered what the heck someone is talking about - you know, their response seems totally off-topic or inappropriate to the discussion - only to laterly realise it's their sig.

And please don't trot out that tired wannabe mod line Anthony, my question is genuine - I'm not asking the mods to change policy here, I just want to avoid the same situation when I launch my own xF site.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Excellent ... and can you please let me finish typing before swooping in with the answer - you're bordering on offering mind reading future support!!! :D

Now, since we know when that is going to happen, anything about RTL? :D (testing Brogans pyschic abilities) :p

Does xF support limiting the size of members' signatures?

I only ask because some of them here are 5 times longer than the post the person makes, and in a number of cases it is difficult to tell when the post content stops and the signature begins.

A number of times I've had to do a double-take because I have wondered what the heck someone is talking about - you know, their response seems totally off-topic or inappropriate to the discussion - only to laterly realise it's their sig.

And please don't trot out that tired wannabe mod line Anthony, my question is genuine - I'm not asking the mods to change policy here, I just want to avoid the same situation when I launch my own xF site.

Cheers,
Shaun :D
I agree with you Shaun.

But for me it's not so much the length of the sig that is irritating, it's the font size. I mean really....

Is it necessary to have a sig with this font size? GAWD almost makes me want to turn sigs off.

I agree with you Shaun.

But for me it's not so much the length of the sig that is irritating, it's the font size. I mean really....

Is it necessary to have a sig with this font size? GAWD almost makes me want to turn sigs off.
I agree...that and the huge images...

Top Bottom