Sigh, It's always nice to see when someone stole your style lol.

I get asked on a weekly basis to sell/copy the Se7enSins style, and I know Azzid has had almost every style he's had done for the site ripped, including the last two I've done.
Geez, yeah love your guys site. It was nice to see such a large and diverse community over here on Xenforo.

Nothing is going to stop these guys from jumping hosts and trying to keep going with it. But it was nice of them to use the shared hosting of the GSP we spend damn near $1,000 a month with. It makes communication with people we already deal with so much easier rather than dealing with a random ISP that is only taking the request seriously due to its nature.

After serving their host (a company we actually do several hundred dollars a month of business with) with a DMCA takedown notice I see this today:
upload_2014-10-15_6-55-57.webp

I wonder if they are moving hosts in an effort to keep the theme. This is what the host had told us:
upload_2014-10-15_6-57-18.webp

The files are still there:

Yup infact if u throw index.php in there u can see the board:
upload_2014-10-15_7-23-36.webp

I see they fixed the copyright issue. Moved it real far away lol.

I sent them a notice directly telling them to check their email from both their host and possibly Xenforo. They deleted the post and then a couple hours later these 2 changes happened.

@Forsaken Off topic.. But speaking of skins.. I sent you a PM over a week ago to get my e-mail address changed on your site so I can access zenBook.. Please reply to my PM, sir :)

Hmm learn something new everyday, didnt realize a person could hijack a style. I mean isn't the point ( for me it is )
to make the site your own? I enjoy the fact even using the default that my addons and a few graphics, nodes icon etc
are my own personal touch. Our site get plagiarized time to time, I posted and article yesterday at 11:3o a competing
site same state as mine had the near same article 4 hours later. Not worth it for me to chase after things like this. But a site
software design one should ask permission, or build your own.

Yeah I have seen those posted around on various sites. It's sad really. Nobody can have anything unique anymore without someone having to copy/rip it.

I'm not sure how much of the new style was ripped, but the last version was posted pretty much everywhere.
Geez, yeah love your guys site. It was nice to see such a large and diverse community over here on Xenforo.

Nothing is going to stop these guys from jumping hosts and trying to keep going with it. But it was nice of them to use the shared hosting of the GSP we spend damn near $1,000 a month with. It makes communication with people we already deal with so much easier rather than dealing with a random ISP that is only taking the request seriously due to its nature.

I'm not actually part of Se7enSins, I was just hired to do the last two styles they've used.

I stopped caring about all of the pirates and rippers because there really isn't much you can do about them.

I stopped caring about all of the pirates and rippers because there really isn't much you can do about them.
Agreed
I wish gaming companies would realize that and stop punishing legitimate consumers by trying to stop piracy. (Sorry, bit off topic there lol)
It's a damn shame though, but it's nice to see action being taken by Xenforo and the host, but i'm guessing they're getting around their hosts warning, by simply moving to another host.
Scum

So sad to see this. There's a lot of customize style service out there and really cheap to get. Stealing a style take a bit time, who does have time for that? lol

Good think xenforo and his hosting company are taking serious action with this Theft.

Regards,

but i'm guessing they're getting around their hosts warning, by simply moving to another host.
Scum

I'm waiting for the next host so we know if we should bother sending a takedown there as well. As soon as I saw the IP for the server I already knew what company the first notice was getting sent to. Is that bad?

@rainmotorsports I feel your pain. I had @Russ make a custom unique theme for a site I used to run called SimCity Talk and within a few weeks of being open someone (a former member here that has now since been banned but not for ripping my style) and it just broke my heart. After that I lost interest in the site which because EA botched the release of the game came at a perfect time cause it helped kill the site. I paid good money to have something unique and awesome and for someone to just come along and steal it just plain sucks. So I know all to well the pain you are going through. Someone I know told me about it having been ripped by the unnamed person and I confronted them about it and they had the nerve to tell me they wanted to use it for a bullying website. I mean come on you ripped my style and then wanted my permission to use it for a bullying website heck you bullied me by stealing my theme. Oh well water under the bridge. Don't take it to personally cause if someone took the time to steal it then they must have loved the style. That's the way I tried to take it anyways.
Man that has gotta hurt. Sorry to hear.

1 thing you can do it block right clicks and in cpanel you can block hotlinking.

Blocking right clicks is useless. Not sure about chrome but my favorite in the past was Firefox's media tab. Lists every image displayed on a page with a save button.

In fact chrome does have a way as well. You can get to the Developer tools by the More Tools menu or F12:
upload_2014-10-16_8-56-42.webp

As far as hotlinks go. If the image loads in a page you can usually view it via a direct link right after. Not sure how that works out if its from cache or a session related thing. Because you can take that same link open in a browser that didn't just view the page and not be able to load it.

I'm waiting for the next host so we know if we should bother sending a takedown there as well. As soon as I saw the IP for the server I already knew what company the first notice was getting sent to. Is that bad?
No that's called being efficient and knowledgeable!
Give them hell.

upload_2014-10-18_1-7-15.webp

Well it would seem they are transferring to the host root.lu which is luxemberg which doesn't comply with copyright violations from just about any country.

Oh well. You might have won the ability to keep a stolen theme @TacTicToe but you lost respect and probably people willing to help you.

Well it would seem they are transferring to the host root.lu which is luxemberg which doesn't comply with copyright violations from just about any country.
Yep... that a problem that frequently occurs.
Oh well. You might have won the ability to keep a stolen theme @TacTicToe but you lost respect and probably people willing to help you.
And it's easy enough for those the frequently provide free support to add that individual into their ignore list (which is exactly what I've done).

And it's easy enough for those the frequently provide free support to add that individual into their ignore list (which is exactly what I've done).

Looks like he may have been banned, as I don't see a Start a Conversation link, but it could just be privacy settings.

Either way, goodbye to him! On my ignore list he goes, anyway.

@rainmotorsports I know exactly how you feel.

Between 2007 and 2009 I was running a forum skinning business. I sold about 16 different custom skins that I made. The graphics were custom, the code was all custom, and had semantic code.

CompleteGFX homepage:
http://completegfx.deviantart.com/art/Home-Page-Design-76714528

So here I am selling a few skins a day. Everything is going great. Then... Someone buys every skin and service on the website. The purchase even included duplicate purchases (same skin more than 1 time). I get a Paypal notification.. +700 added to your account. Right about that time I was jumping out my chair and imagining this new computer I wanted to build. Then bam, less than 30 minutes later I get another email from Paypal about the recent purchase on my website.

Paypal "detected" that the credit card used to make the giant purchase was stolen. All funds were instantly removed from my Paypal account and sent back to the credit card.

I rushed to the store control panel to revoke the licences, but it was too late. When I got to the licensing panel, I found out that everything had already been downloaded by that "customer". My imaginary computer was gone, my hard work stolen, and my interest to design, code, and market had ceased.

After that my work was being uploaded to every pirate website you could imagine. The biggest pirate would have been google for linking directly to all the files on the pirate websites.

16 skins, complete with 100% layered psd files, font files, and install files, now for free on popular pirate websites.

View some of the skins here:
http://completegfx.deviantart.com/gallery/

Last edited:
Looks like the site is back up.

On another view, have you thought about releasing the theme for a small fee? Afterall, it's a pretty *****in theme.

Top Bottom