Sidebar Blocks on Other Pages/Forums/Threads/Etc

Ghan_04

Greetings,

I have created a new template for my sidebar in my working style here and I've put the usual <xen:sidebar> code in here so that I can include this template in other templates and have my sidebar appear on any page I wish. This works easily for the custom blocks I've added to the template with text and links, but blocks like the users online and site statistics which use variables outputted by the PHP code do not display correctly (as expected). I just don't know how to fix it.
I am extremely unfamiliar with how the Xenforo backend works (is there any good documentation somewhere that I can read? I've never found any) and I have no idea where to even start looking to find the right functions that calculate the totals and make them available to the templates. Does anyone know where this data is calculated and how I can add it to any page I want?

Thanks,
Ghan

I just tried out the widget framework as you suggested and, since I have the Flexile style, added the provided compatibility CSS entries, but this completely breaks the style. It's like some of the CSS files aren't even getting rendered anymore. Do you know anything about this or am I back to square one here?

I just tried out the widget framework as you suggested and, since I have the Flexile style, added the provided compatibility CSS entries, but this completely breaks the style. It's like some of the CSS files aren't even getting rendered anymore. Do you know anything about this or am I back to square one here?

I assume it works OK on the default style?

Like Dinh Thanh said, you should probably check with the author of that style. Flexile is a highly customized style that sometimes doesn't play nice with other customizations.

Top Bottom