1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show who closed a thread, and when (and why)

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Brogan, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I know the moderator log is available in the ACP but the problem with that is only administrators have access to it.

When a thread is closed, other moderators have no idea who closed it, or when (or why).

So instead of this:
    upload_2013-10-17_0-39-25.png

I propose something similar to when a thread is deleted, albeit in the thread status rather then the forum view, i.e.
    upload_2013-10-17_0-46-41.png

In the forum view would also work, but that would require a bigger change as currently locked threads appear identical to open threads other than the padlock icon.
    upload_2013-10-17_0-49-58.png

A reason for closure would also be useful, making it an option as it currently is with deleted threads.

tajhay, Dadparvar, Sim and 47 others like this.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

Tooltip for thread views. (y) Highly agree with this suggestion.

Amaury likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I great suggestion which I agree with. :)

The only problem with Tooltips is they don't work on tablets or mobiles. There are times that admins and mods will be accessing their site with just a tablet (I'm sure @Brogan can vouch for that ;) ) so for information like this it would be nice if it was available on all devices.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

I use my phone about as much as I do my computer. Personally, I wouldn't mind clicking into the thread to see what the messages were.

5. Teapot

Teapot Well-Known Member

One of the few moderation features XenForo has that doesn't hold moderators accountable - definitely something I'm interested in.

As for mobile: Tooltips on the thread listing are fine by me - it's no problem to go into the thread to get more details; you'd probably do it anyway.

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

upload_2013-10-17_18-45-7.png

How about something more descriptive than Locked ?
    Maybe hovering over the lock icon would produce a popup similar to hovering over a Title.

Connor Smith and Softlineck like this.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Great suggestion!!!!

+ 1

Brogan for Resident.

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Resident Evil?