Lack of interest Show version for admins only at install und upgrade page

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Romchik®

From this thread.

Also, concept of XenForo UI:
Showing the version number to your visitors gains them nothing, so it's not there. Same concept as the rest of the XenForo UI.
But anyone can see the version of the forum by going to the installation folder.

Of course, you can say, this is a problem the admin, who has not protected the installation folder. But guys, we can speak long about what should be the admin to do and what not, but less such admins (bad? unprofessional? lazy? - nevermind) will not.

I think it's not difficult to make a condition that version was shown only to admin? :)

PS: I myself rarely hide the version of the forum, but if this concept of XenForo...

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What he means is if you browse to mydomain.com/install, the version number is visible to anyone who can access that page.

install.webp

Only if the install folder has been protected using .htaccess can you prevent people seeing what version the site is running.

I am just expressing that admins can already see it, limiting it to only admins is not needed in my opinion.

Limiting guests from seing the version is more the point I think, Admins can see but guests can not.

Wether or not it is a sound idea for unprotected install folders I am unsure.

From this thread.

Also, concept of XenForo UI:

But anyone can see the version of the forum by going to the installation folder.

Of course, you can say, this is a problem the admin, who has not protected the installation folder. But guys, we can speak long about what should be the admin to do and what not, but less such admins (bad? unprofessional? lazy? - nevermind) will not.

I think it's not difficult to make a condition that version was shown only to admin? :)

PS: I myself rarely hide the version of the forum, but if this concept of XenForo...
They do not hide the version # as an attempt at security, they do it because it serves no use to the end-user (Administrators can see the version in the AdminCP).

Top Bottom