Show Us your XF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is http://www.adminforums.org

would love some feedback :)

I like this a lot. Very professional and easy on the eye.

Being fussy... ;) I would like to see more padding between the user avatars and the text in the right side bar (recent updates):

Screen shot 2011-04-07 at 19.56.06.webp

Also, in your actual discussions, you have inserted a large amount of user data on the left. I see this happening a lot in forums. I don't have anything against it as such but the problem is when you have a very short post, it leaves massive gaps of space in your page. For example, the following two replies only say "Nice blog feature Shady! It looks great" and "Thanks, im still playing around with it so it will probs change for the better soon" yet take up the whole of my browser screen. This seems at odds with Xenforo's ability to concentrate and focus the user on actual content:

Screen shot 2011-04-07 at 19.58.44.webp

But as I said that's being fussy, I really like your design.

If it looks OK for you then might be worth asking here if anyone else has the same problem. It might just be something specific to Firefox on a Mac, but I've not seen this on any other XenForo forum as yet :) Good luck!!

You're right - it's happening on Firefox on Mac over here as well.

Whats your thoughts with http://adminbb.org/? The first xenforo admin forum :)

It does not matter if your the first xenforo admin forum, i simply moved away from vbulletin to xenforo because of the state of vb4 (Another exploit was found today). its not about who's forum was there first or who's is the best or who's dad is bigger, it's about providing a forum to help people with there problems as an admin isnt it?

kaiser said:
Whats your thoughts with http://adminbb.org/? The first xenforo admin forum :)
Better then another one. :)
It does not matter if your the first xenforo admin forum, i simply moved away from vbulletin to xenforo because of the state of vb4 (Another exploit was found today). its not about who's forum was there first or who's is the best or who's dad is bigger, it's about providing a forum to help people with there problems as an admin isnt it?
Wth? Did I say anything about your site? I was asking him what he thought of my site.

Nice work, but you need to adjust the width and height around your forum status icons so they're not cut off at the top.
Go to Style Propterties, Forum List, Node Icon. At the bottom left you'll see width and height under Miscellaneous. Mine is set to 42 px and 42 px. Just adjust yours til they look right.
thank you very much, it makes

Agree with Peggy here, nice work but you do need to fix the cropped images. Personally I wonder if it would look better with just the custom images and drop the speech bubbles? If you can do a faded set of images for a read forum, then the bubbles would be redundant anyway.

I see you have also visually split normal and pinned topics, I prefer it that way too.

On the negative side you are another forum with an explosion of information in the user postbit so when you have a succession of one-liner replies, a massive amount of screen space is wasted because they all pad out to the height of the post bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom