XF 2.2 Show sidebar

Wait a minute, you're not answering his question.

He's asking how to create a column over to the right for interior pages so that he can display widgets or ads or whatever he wants on the right hand side. That's different than creating a widget to go on the right column; there's no right column on those typical interior forum pages. That's what he's trying to figure out how to do, and, coincidentally, I'm trying to figure that out too!

So I have gone to your website, and I'm thinking that the Sticky Sidebar is what we both need. True?

Thread view is a normal "thread" page, true? And if we can add a sidebar to those pages, we're golden. My question would be, is it only a page-by-page (thread by thread) basis, or, can it be applied globally to all threads on the site?

Thank you! I need to take some time and go through your add-ons, you have a huge list of what appears to be really cool stuff.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, you're not answering his question.

He's asking how to create a column over to the right for interior pages so that he can display widgets or ads or whatever he wants on the right hand side. That's different than creating a widget to go on the right column; there's no right column on those typical interior forum pages. That's what he's trying to figure out how to do, and, coincidentally, I'm trying to figure that out too!

@BassMan was pointing him in the right direction. The "interior pages" @blogfaiz was referring to are what is called "Thread view" pages. When you select the widget position of "Thread view: Sidebar" the sidebar is automatically added to those pages so the widget can be displayed there. If no widget has the option of "Thread view: Sidebar" selected then the Thread view (interior) pages will not have a sidebar showing.

thread-view-sidebar.webp

@BassMan was pointing him in the right direction. The "interior pages" @blogfaiz was referring to are what is called "Thread view" pages. When you select the widget position of "Thread view: Sidebar" the sidebar is automatically added to those pages so the widget can be displayed there. If no widget has the option of "Thread view: Sidebar" selected then the Thread view (interior) pages will not have a sidebar showing.

View attachment 286212
Thank you...You have answered my question :)

View attachment 286212

I know I am close, but, for the life of me, I cannot get "Ads" to show up in the threads. They show up on the home page, and they show up on conversation pages, and I have Thread view: Sidebar checked..................nada. Pulling what little hair I have out! I can supply screen shots. I'm using Siropu's ad program, which is wonderful. FWIW, I have other places checked that don't work either, like conversation list. Here are a couple of quick screen shots to show you I'm not lying! :)

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 2.24.20 PM.webpScreen Shot 2023-05-20 at 2.24.01 PM.webp

Looks like you are using Siropu's ad manager... better asked in that add-on discussion thread if so, as the process for the default functions of XF are not the same as for that add-on.
While I'm not 100% sure what you mean, I get enough of it in that there could be some kinda' conflicts going on, or special tweaking required. I'm engaging with him too. Thank you for the suggestion! I know I'm close, ya' know?

While I'm not 100% sure what you mean, I get enough of it in that there could be some kinda' conflicts going on, or special tweaking required. I'm engaging with him too. Thank you for the suggestion! I know I'm close, ya' know?
Simply mean in your image you show to be using Siropu's ad manager and you state so. If you are, to get help on how to get it to display ads in a particular place you need to use the add-on's discussion thread to get support. It does not work like the default ad placement ability in the XF script.

Top Bottom