Show resource stats for featured resources

Space/layout could be an issue for resources with longer titles and descriptions.

upload_2013-10-2_21-11-51.webp

Plus the author is relevant, surely?

Yes the author is important, I just cut it out for a quickie. Would be nice to at least see the rating of the resource.

upload_2013-10-2_16-19-57.webp

Personally, I would never place a rating above the title. If anything, I would do smaller stars next to the name. However, personally, I'm fine with the current design.

I like Steve. The first mockup not the ratings above the title though. I'd suggest removing that forum icon thing as it doesn't seem to serve any purpose whatsoever and I think your local stats do provide more substance and info at a glance so plus 1 on your suggestion.

Perhaps minimize the forum icon thing (whatever they try to convey) god knows if i know, primarily to give more room to more useful statistics.

The suggestion is just that, show some sort of stats. It looks a bit dull compared to the resource list below it if you ask me.

My mock ups were nothing more than examples to give a general idea of what it could look like. There is room for improvement. I like how it is now also by the way, just seems a bit bland compared to the rest of the resource home page.

Author is relevant no doubt about it, but what is the issue in extending the height, adding in more statistical data that is going to be useful surely has it uses. If the height isn't going to be extended, why? because of the "forum Icon" potentially leaving space in the bottom left corner?

A mockup, perhaps think about extending upon the height?

Edit: not even sure about that mockup (below) myself but I'm betting there would be more scope by extending height.

mockup_featured-resource.webp

Yes, showing rating would be good. I don't care much about author since 100% of resources will be by me.
Obviously, each RM installation will have different need so some flexibility would be nice.

Top Bottom