"Show Printer Friendly" ?

gordy

I searched the threads on the term printer or printer friendly and zero results returned so I'm posting.

The printer-friendly option with the click-here-to-see-N-posts after a doing a google search on a topic that lands on a vB page is a superb feature.
example search work-flow:
Google search "ubuntu xorg" -> results in ubuntu's vB community -> thread tools -> "Show Printable Version" -> "Show 75 post(s) from this thread on one page"
the end result:
http://ubuntuforums.org/printthread.php?t=83973&pp=75

The end result is free from ads, gawdy images, clean and clear to read -
Will there be a similar feature ?

Upvote 9
I'll chime in here - automotive forums are heavily used for technical information, as a supplement to repair manuals. People like to print out threads to use in their garage while they wrench on their car. I've done it countless times. It's still easier than trying to use a phone or tablet, especially when you have dirt and oil all over your hands. And you can write notes. I still have tech articles printed and stored in my garage from several years ago.

In vB I was able to print a thread with the images displayed inline. It would be nice to be able to do that, whether it be an add-on or standard functionality.

Top Bottom