Show last 10 member status updates on index?

that is not shameless...

it is a human readable thread title that is the basis of a question which can be searched quite easy and you placed a link to the answer which happens to be yours and is a valid solution. Things like this are another way to make some aware of what is around....i think everyone wins here....nice lil addon i might say as well

@eqnoble define easily searchable. I searched "status" and got dozens of pages of results, I gave up after page 3.
you misunderstand....pardon my long explanation here...I see that you are a new member and want you to understand that I was responding in kindness actually and was not trying to alienate you or act in any form of malice in any sort of way.

What I was saying was to bambua in response to what he had said ...
Shameless plug, but: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/recentstatus.160/ will do the trick, puts it in sidebar and lets you configure how many show up, whether comments show up and it caches it all.
When he said plug he was referring to a resource that was his own...in marketing making the reference to something is a 'plug'.

I was actually responding to him saying it is not shameless...

that is not shameless...

it is a human readable thread title that is the basis of a question which can be searched quite easy and you placed a link to the answer which happens to be yours and is a valid solution. Things like this are another way to make some aware of what is around....i think everyone wins here....nice lil addon I might say as well

pointing someone in the right direction to attain that which they seek to achieve or acquire is akin to teaching a man to fish and feeding him for life and that is very respectable and honorable.

To not point someone in the right direction if you have the answer would be the shameful choice which is exactly opposite to what he did.

I merely voiced my opinion of his own comment on his actions which I found profoundly honest which is a good thing but his plug which some would call it was exactly what you needed so no marketing thought necessary...it sold itself to you because you needed that and got a great deal at the lovely price of free :)

What I was saying is that now that you have clearly stated a nice thread title which describes a topic and if someone searches 'status' this is in there and will point to the resource manger where the resource is. This is a good thing and I was complimenting you for making a thread title actually...because anyone else who searches something related has a good chance of finding this thread and thus the resource.

.....<breathes>....

ok... anyways...lol

Sorry for the confusion and the long msg but wanted to clear that up....welcome to the community.

What I was saying was to bambua in response to what he had said ...
I was aware that you were indeed responding to his post, I keep forgetting that humor translates differently online and works better in person.
Thanks for the response though
(y) :)

Top Bottom