Lack of interest Show camera information when "hover" the photo

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You would need an addon that takes the raw uploaded images, extracts the exif data and then overlays it onto the photo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you can give me an image from a modern camera that would supply lots of exif data I can test this out and tweak it and see if I can do something with it, if not I may be able to get something started and then I can post it and let anyone who wants to try to finish it to do so.

There is a PHP function dedicated to retrieve EXIF data. The question is: how does XF handle uploaded data, does it erases any metadata when creating the file in data/attachments? I'll have a look.

I believe any recent smartphone camera picture contains EXIF data for you to test, EQNoble.

yeah that is where i was testing most of my images from.... but a lot of newer cameras give it other fields like gps location, iso speed , exposure time ect....

so after testing I found that I can do multiple images....and I tested an image I uploaded to an xf board (the first image in the following example was uploaded to xf and then I grabbed it)...it retained the data it appears.

Yup: the *.data file correponding to the uploaded image in internal_data/attachments keeps the EXIF info. This should be fairly doable.

Ok I tried moving on with this a lil ...

here is what I got...

and in case you don't have the ability to watch youtube vids here is a screenshot of it while hovering one of the images...please mind that there is really no styling as that is simple enough to add later as well as creating some sort of grid to display the data within a parent element on hover...example1.webp

Is it possible in Xenforo or can anyone suggest any related method. I just want to show this information to the user in our photo forum:)

All the best
Morten
................................................................................................................................................................
SEO COMPANY

Top Bottom