Show attachement to guests?

By default, guests are unable to see attached files. Even for the image, they only are able to see the thumbnail and login is required if they click on it.

It seem that you have changed something before. You can raise a support ticket and XF's staff might help you out on this.

Actually it does not. It only check for the links (URL BBCode). If you want to prevent guest from viewing specific BBCodes, such as: IMG, MEDIA, URL, ATTACH then it must be another checking but as I said it is possible.

Hmmm,

Ok, in the other thread I started (thread above). Someone gave 2 links (plus yours above) and said 1 of them should be able to prevent guest viewing videos. I don't want to ask for an add on that has already been created. I am new and am not really sure....do you know if either of the first 2 threads below will prevent guest viewing video's?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hide-links-to-guests.15005/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ccplz-hide-links-from-guests.17189/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-see-posts-links-permission.852/

Ok thanks Sonnb! Someone in the other thread has created this exact add on I am loooking for on their website/forum. Not sure if it will work though..

Ok, back to the actual subject, do you guys prevent visitors to view attachements or prefer to have it the other way around? Does google care about threads with images and rank them higher?

Sorry for bumping an ancient thread but my question is on topic.

Is it possible to allow guests to view attached images (jpg, png etc) but prevent them to download/view other types of attachments?

We are going to use our XF installation more as a frontpage in the near future and its pretty pointless to provide frontpage news articles when guests aren't able to view the photo content without having to login or register first.

Thanks for the help :)

Is it possible to allow guests to view attached images (jpg, png etc) but prevent them to download/view other types of attachments?

We are going to use our XF installation more as a frontpage in the near future and its pretty pointless to provide frontpage news articles when guests aren't able to view the photo content without having to login or register first.

XenForo attachment setting is an all or nothing type of setting. You either allow guest to view all attachments or you don't.

So at the moment, no... Unless you have the resource manager which can be configured separately from the forum.

Hi guys,
Old topic but wanted to know if something (add-on) exist now in XF 2.1 in order to make it possible.
Like you, I would love to have this functionnality.
Allowing guests to see images and ask them for regisrtering in order to allow them to download Excel files (or others types) which are shared in forum posts.
Thanks
David

Top Bottom