Add-on Show all messages in topic

Overscan

In my old SMF forum users were able to view all messages in a topic in one page. I believe this was a mod to SMF not core functionality. Many users are unhappy about loss of this functionality in Xenforo.

I can explain why they liked it. My forum is kind of a hybrid database and discussion forum. One topic might cover a specific aircraft design, then there could be 200 posts of pictures, information, links, comments, etc. A user stumbles on a picture, or report, which is about that design, and wants to post it, but then wants to check that PDF or picture isn't already posted in the existing relevant topic by someone else already. Rather than have to page through 10 pages of messages, they could click "All", then quickly scan down the page looking at existing attachments.

Another use was certain users would do "view all" on an interesting topic then print to a PDF and either print out the information, or store it on their computer.

I am aware that allowing this would increase server load, but my server is pretty much idling at current loads with nginx / mariadb. It didn't cause me load issues in 10 years of having the feature turned on in SMF.

I didn't find a existing Xenforo addon for this.

An "output topic to PDF" option would also be awesome - my Elkarte test migration had this feature.

Top Bottom