Should I change my current Hosting requirements or even a change of host?

Have you tried Hivelocity? They are a better than Knownhost (no issues with them yet) in terms of price and support.

Have you tried Hivelocity? They are a better than Knownhost (no issues with them yet) in terms of price and support.
Hivelocity is known for overselling VPS/shared, and their dedicated are only cheaper the first month compared to Knownhost; after which Knownhost is much cheaper than Hivelocity for similar machines.

Support wise, KnownHost are active here and actively reach out to their customers to provide help 🙃. On the opposite end I hear horror stories about support from people who work/worked at Hivelocity.

Saying one host is better is subjective unless there are objective facts to point out why they are better. His issue actually was not with KnownHost, but advice on any changes he can make; KnownHost has even reached out to work with him here, again a good example of their support.

$30 a month vps is enough. Elasticsearch, redis, page/guest caching, dozens of addons etc. 8gb ram, nvme drives and two 3.5ghz cores. 499GB of video attachments, unlimited bandwidth. No complaints. Don't waste your money on building the equivalent of a $5000 gaming PC so you can play cyberpunk with ray tracing. Xenforo isn't cyberpunk. It will run well on a well configured potato. Use an outside mail provider. Compiling and maintaining your own secure mail server for a forum is an unnecessary time vampire and security hazard. SES costs a couple dollars a month.

View attachment 297525
It's digitalocean?

I don't get why people have so much bad opinions about Namecheap? I've been with them on both shared and VPS since I started doing things online back in like 2010, with few exeptions to try OVH and Leaseweb. I've never had any issues that could point towards they overselling their capacity, their support are 10/10 every single time I've needed them, instant support over chat or wait 30min for mail reply and I'm not even paying extra for it, prices are good. I have honestly nothing to complain about.

I don't get why people have so much bad opinions about Namecheap? I've been with them on both shared and VPS since I started doing things online back in like 2010, with few exeptions to try OVH and Leaseweb. I've never had any issues that could point towards they overselling their capacity, their support are 10/10 every single time I've needed them, instant support over chat or wait 30min for mail reply and I'm not even paying extra for it, prices are good. I have honestly nothing to complain about.

Agree - A friend was with Namecheap shared (WP site) for a few years, he had no problems, whilst I have never used those services I have always (for years) kept all my domains there and also use there privateemail service, nothing bad to say, and support is top notch.......

This.
I believe that some people don't like cheap things. Sometimes the cheapest is the best.
Especially when you don't want to be overcharged by some others.
I have experienced that with AWS Amazon. They are the worst company because they scam you.

Top Bottom