ShotTalk.com - Golf Forum

RandallC

logov3-2.webp
ShotTalk.com was orginially started in 2004, after years of ownership is was sol to a known forum owner and converted from Vbulletin to Xenforo. I think sometime around 2014 is when it was converted and possibly sold in 2013. Sometime around 2017 it was purchased from the forum owner to another forum network owner. It was a haven for ads and not much development. I have been chasing this forum for around 2 years trying to purchase it and the time was right. I was finally able to contact the then current owner and make a deal happen last month.

Over the past few weeks I have updated the software to XF 2.2.15 and started updating forums titles, description and moving things around. I also had to deal with a bot problem to get the bandwidth down as the badbots were scraping the site to pieces. I have been working behind cloudflare as well as abusing the robots.txt to block and send some packing. I am using google webmaster tools, google analytics, and bing webmaster tools to monitor the site.

Last week I contacted DohTheme for a custom theme and it turned out wonderful. He understood what I wanted and as you can see on the site it really defines a unique look for the forum to stand out. We will be continuing to move topics around and bring new things to the forum.

If you are a golf enthusiast you will enjoy the talk of the forum and topics that are going on. We have sections for reviews, getting help and more.
ShotTalk.com
ShotTalk-com-Your-1-Golf-forum-for-reviews-discussion-and-help-.webp

Top Bottom