Resource icon

[Shinka] AJAX Paging 1.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to download

Shinka

Shinka submitted a new resource:

[Shinka] AJAX Paging - Replaces pagination links with AJAX calls for seamless paging.

[Shinka] AJAX Paging
Replaces pagination links with AJAX calls.

Installation
  • Download the latest stable release
  • Extract the zip
  • Copy the contents of the upload folder to the root of your Xenforo installation
  • Install and activate the add-on in your Admin CP
Features
  • Changing pages (e.g. inside a thread) no longer reloads...

Read more about this resource...

I love this, but I always looking for something when it comes to this, more related to scrolling.

Instead of having to manually click the pagination, when scrolling to the end of the topic/thread post page, what about some sort of "pop" alert in some way to easily load the next page? :)

@Finnigan Glad to hear!

@mauzao9 I think that's a feature (infinite scrolling, if I understand correctly) that might be better suited for a separate add-on, but it's definitely something I can look into!

I do not know why, but after click on page 2,3...10, it do not set color the selected page, there are always only 1

I do not know why, but after click on page 2,3...10, it do not set color the selected page, there are always only 1
I just put out a new release that fixes this issue. Grab it and copy the contents of the upload folder back into the root of your Xenforo installation. Overwrite all existing files.

Thank you for letting me know about this.

@dihuta The newest release is optimized for compatibility with search engine bots. Now paging changes the URL, and previous pages can be revisited with the forward and back browser buttons.

This release features major changes and is a near total rewrite of the original code. Reminder that this addon is in beta and is liable to break in unexpected and startling ways.

@dihuta The newest release is optimized for compatibility with search engine bots. Now paging changes the URL, and previous pages can be revisited with the forward and back browser buttons.

This release features major changes and is a near total rewrite of the original code. Reminder that this addon is in beta and is liable to break in unexpected and startling ways.

Great update!
Thank you.

Very interesting - very curious about SEO impacts and page load speeds vs. user experience. Seems like a solid add-on though, will likely test it out.

Very interesting - very curious about SEO impacts and page load speeds vs. user experience. Seems like a solid add-on though, will likely test it out.
Let me know your thoughts if you give it a spin! JavaScript is very much not my forte, so this has been a learning experience.

Top Bottom