Shelley's Smilies and Kier's Smilies

Lisa

We all know Shelley is queen of the smilies, there's no doubting her talent in the slightest (I'll always be one of the first to beg her for more - or bug her with suggestions.... ) but I'm curious if anyone uses the other set of smilies that ships with XenForo - the original default set designed by Kier (and compliment the images in the ACP).

I remember when XenForo was still in testing and all we had access to was the software on the site and Kier's smilies were in use - I loved the originality and quirkiness of them. These days I generally don't even think about them, and upon an installation, go in and just add the rest of Shelley's that ships as default. But this morning, I clicked the wrong folder and ended up looking at Kier's set and I realised how much I really liked them, so added them as well as Shelley's.
kierandshelleys.webp

That left me wondering if anyone else uses Kier's smilies... and whether we could lean on him to expand the set further. It's something I'd definitely like to see. Am I the only one?

If there had been more I would have used them on my site.

Instead I had to keep the old ones we were using.

I still prefer the vb3 set (also created by Kier I believe) and the old smileys used by many forums in this style:

coffee.gif

I prefer the simplicity even though they are old and flat. The XF ones are nice and pro, but a bit too 'cute' for me.

I'm waiting an improved smilie manager that will allow for ALL our smilies (about 2,000 of them).

Its a collection of all the xenforo smilies (original and new), Shelley's added pack, vBulletin, ect.... ect....

Top Bottom