sheldonbowyer.com

Sheldon

http://sheldonbowyer.com

Needed a home, decided to create it at my test site.

Quick rundown:

Threads --- 0
Posts --- 0
Users --- 17 (somehow)

Site will be used as a "live" testing area. Have forums set up for chit-chat, as I usually like to talk quite a bit. You might see a topic that interests you....

mytopics.gif

Site Recommendations will change soon, it will be links to other xF forums I like, etc...

Pretty much a completely off-topic forum, it will have zero structure (other than the pretty topics), and will be a good area for me to test anything I can.

Theme will be Quark and Anti-Quark, although I will eventually be adding more just to test the looks on different themes.

If ya wanna join, feel free. If you don't, cool, I likely wouldn't join a site without any chatter going on myself. Hahaha.

Anywho, if you want some things broken/tested, gimme a shout here.

Last edited:
Generally speaking adding a link to the site is helpful.

As for the style, does it come like that when you scroll down and the Nav bar slides like that or was that @Sheldon-ized?

I actually really like how the forums are divided into categories too. Very nice so far.

PS- The reviews forum, is that pertaining to developer reviews like you had suggested the other day?

I thought the topic title was a giveaway?
Oh it is, but we still like to clicky clicky. For some reason I really like this style. Is this all included in that skin or did you do this? Like the forum categories and stuff. I don't know why but I find myself clicking on your forum categories all the time.

Oh it is, but we still like to clicky clicky. For some reason I really like this style. Is this all included in that skin or did you do this? Like the forum categories and stuff. I don't know why but I find myself clicking on your forum categories all the time.

This isn't: (Node Categories)
Screenshot_7.webp

This is the original Node Categories:
Screenshot_9.webp

This look is default (Forums)
Screenshot_8.webp

Well whatever you want to call them, you have some very nice talent. I like your design style because I feel we share extremely similar taste. If you saw my site I think you'd agree. I really do want to utilize your talent at some point when you aren't busy. Great site so far, possibly one of my favorites that I've seen thus far.

I signed up! But it said I had to be approved. For whatever reason XenForo has been doing that lately with me. It thinks I'm spam or something. I need to figure out why.

Well whatever you want to call them, you have some very nice talent. I like your design style because I feel we share extremely similar taste. If you saw my site I think you'd agree. I really do want to utilize your talent at some point when you aren't busy. Great site so far, possibly one of my favorites that I've seen thus far.

I signed up! But it said I had to be approved. For whatever reason XenForo has been doing that lately with me. It thinks I'm spam or something. I need to figure out why.

It's approved.

Stop lying to yourself, Sheldon. What you do is the work of someone with skills. You may just think differently and trial and error it, but the design skills you do have are beyond amazing.
This. Over and over again. Don't short change yourself. You have an amazing talent worth lots of money to those of us that can't do it ourselves.

Everyone should want to @Sheldon-ize their forum.

Thank you very much. I've been wanting this for some time to create tutorials for my forum members.
I was doing this as well, but that is not good. You can't come back to a certain time in the gif to review certain action, so the gif pictures are useless in terms of instruction in any subject. They are pretty annoying as well, since they are running in loops, and if you have many of them on the same page, it really creates a major effect on the page load.

Some small updates throughout the site...

Now using License Validation by @Jeremy to help sift through those that are obviously licensed.

Getting ready to start on my reviews for themes and such, as well as add-ons.

Installing @Bob B Showcase add-on to give greater detail to the sites I have worked on as well.

Anywho, feel free to stop by, chat, offer suggestions or just brainstorm on what could be changed/worked on/tweaked/etc. (Yeah, it's a backslash kinda day)

Top Bottom