1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheffield Childrens Hospital

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MattW, Feb 1, 2014.

1. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

At work, we've been doing a lot of fund raising for the Sheffield Childrens Hospital. As part of that, I ran for them in the Bupa 10K around Sheffield last September.

They approached me a couple of weeks ago and wanted to use my picture in their new advertising campaign!

Well they are now up, and someone I work with has spotted one on the large roundabout on the main entrance to the city centre.

2. akia

akia Well-Known Member

Ha! I thought I recognised the face when I'd seen it but didn't put 2 and 2 together and realise it was from here.
    MattW likes this.
  3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I've not seen any of them yet. There is apparently one just behind my house, so I'm going to go and have a walk tomorrow, as they want me to have my photo taken next to a couple of them.
  4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Had my picture took next to one near my house
  5. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Lol that's awesome Matt, well done!
    MattW likes this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Don't you mean "taken"? :p

That's a great photo, though, and it's always nice to have someone thinking about others and contributing support! :)
    MattW likes this.
  7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Cool stuff Matt, I've just begun getting back into running, well... jogging, passing out and attempting to run. Played soccer most of my life just stopped right after high school.
    MattW likes this.
  8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Of all the people running the marathon, they picked your ugly mug to go on billboards :LOL:

Congrats ;)
  9. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Free autograph with every new 1.3 purchase
    MattW likes this.
  10. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Cool! :)
    MattW likes this.
  11. Foxy

Foxy Member

I knew I'd seen you somewhere other than on here, was trying to work out why/how! :D
    MattW likes this.