Share Your Lack of Sleep Stories

There isn't. Definitely not the best feeling the world. I could barely breathe the last time I experienced sleep paralysis.

There isn't. Definitely not the best feeling the world. I could barely breathe the last time I experienced sleep paralysis.

I've gotten it a few times, and it's never really freaked me out, especially after I read an article on it explaining what it was and saying it was nothing to worry about.

There probably isn't - how about stress? It only ever happens to me if I've gone long periods of late nights, which is usually due to working to deadlines.

can-t-sleep---clowns-will-eat-me---clown---horror---evil---xs-xl-girlie-shirt.jpg

Well for me I have no idea why it is any more but I will get up during the night 5 to 6 times. So I just don't get much sleep in during a normal night say 21:00 - 04:30 when I get up. Tried it all but nothing seems to do it for me so I just live with it now :p

Mournings birds and woodpeckers are common here. God forbid I wake up earlier than my alarm is set for each morning. "Wooooo, woooo, wooo, wooo"

Drives you bonkers.

Meh, even parents get some sleep, or they wouldn't be able to be parents well enough to please the authorities ;)
I don't know about there...but around here...cops don't bag people for being bad parents...they congratulate them for giving birth to easy busts which help meet monthly house/precinct quotas so that they don't get budget/officer count cut up.

Mournings birds and woodpeckers are common here. God forbid I wake up earlier than my alarm is set for each morning. "Wooooo, woooo, wooo, wooo"

Drives you bonkers.
That used to piss me off, we used to have wooden shingles, keyword being used to. I love animals and all but woody can go bang on another persons house or maybe even...dare I say it...a tree. Anyways, no more lost sleep from that, now if only all my problems with sleep boiled down to changing the siding on a house.

I would be more specific about my lack of sleep stories but this is a forum and I would need to write a book to cover it accurately.

When I was in my 20's I would stay up 36hrs straight every weekend. From Friday until Sunday morning, I doubt I could stay up 24hrs now that I am fast approaching 40.

Greg

Woody doesn't come by the homes, just in the distance. Mourning birds do come by. If the city council would create a permit, I'd be happy to exterminate them all. I've got enough non-lethal (to humans) ammunition that will kill those birds. Then the wildlife can enjoy a free meal or they'll decompose into the earth.

Just last night, I've been up until 5am. Working hard on getting E3 news out. I've come to a 'writer's block' at some point, so I decided to go to sleep. :(

To get another discussion going, what is your guys' normal sleeping pattern and how do you get back on schedule when staying up well into the morning, if you have one?

I usually try to go to bed no later than 1:00 AM, but the range of which I go to bed is between 11:00 PM and 1:00 AM. As for schedules, I've gotten off schedule before quite a few times, because if I go to bed at, say, 4:00 AM and wake up at 12:00 PM, then I'm not going to feel tired again until around typically the same time the next time, so the cycle will repeat. To get back on schedule, I do one of the following:
  1. I'll go to bed, but still wake up around my usual time (between 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM) so I feel tired the following night and go to bed early, which is anywhere between 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM.
  2. Not even go to bed and stay up all day as well so I'm tired by night and to bed early, which is anywhere between 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM.
  3. The same as the two above, except I go to bed at the normal time frame of 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM, with it being more toward 11:00 PM.
The first one is the most common.

I go to bed at around 10:45pm, sometimes slightly earlier, sometimes slightly later. I try to make sure I'm in bed at the very latest by 11:10pm.

I then spent about 30-40 minutes reading or browsing the web on my phone (yep, I know it's bad to do that before bed).

I get up at exactly 6:30 am. I have an alarm that goes off at 6:20 and then again at 6:30. I then have a cup of coffee, then go on a 3.5 mile walk with the dog. Then get home, have some breakfast and a glass of water, followed by getting ready, then walk down to the office in the back garden and start work :)

I used to be pretty stupid with my sleep schedule - in fact you couldn't even call it a schedule. I've found sticking to a proper daily routine really helps and you feel a lot more alert, even more so after the walk.

On weekends I tend to get up later, about 8am. If I try laying in any longer than that I just get a headache, and it makes me really tired when I go back to 6:30 on Monday.

Top Bottom