Share your blocked email lists.

andybond

Hi all.

I am starting to notice a real upturn in the spammers attempts at registering on my forum. I have started adding email address into the banning emails section of the admin panel - /admin.php?banning/emails

Would it be worth sharing here the email that you have so we can collate our information and hopefully limit the number of spammers?

I have attached my XML which only has 11 address in, however if you add in your XML ( zip it first ) Ill merge them into mine and re upload so we can all benefit.

Attachments

• banned_emails.zip
    385 bytes · Views: 6

Ozzy47

There is an infinite amount of email addresses bots can use. The banned email lists are almost useless. But if you must...

andybond

There is an infinite amount of email addresses bots can use. The banned email lists are almost useless. But if you must...

I appreciate the is almost a infinite number, however I have massively reduced the amount of attempts I have with this feature.

Thanks for the links.

Lee

FWIW I have a massive list of banned email domains, and it prevents a sizable amount of daily registrations.

I have however had two legitimate users unable to register as for some reason they wanted to use a throw away email account for "privacy".

wedgar

We've found blocking IP addresses has been better for us as we've seen multiple attempts from the same family of addresses. We are fortunate not seeing a whole lot of successful registrations or successful "contacting staff" from spammers, but we do see the number of attempts picking up.

I've attached files of our banned-IP numbers, discouraged IP numbers and banned email addressed.

Attachments

• email_Ip banned list.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 8

thenashy

Most of ours are caught by the built in tools, but we are sick of having to check the approval queue. Ours has 46 entires.

Attachments

• banned_emails.zip
    481 bytes · Views: 4