Share This Page image change....

Sheldon

Is it possible to change the images here:

g3Pkda.png

While keeping the rest of the information? I realize it will require a template edit (or at least I will assume as much), but I am not sure if it is possible to just replace the little icons there.

Thanks.

Those icons are inside of iframes for each of those services. They are hosted by twitter and facebook respectively. This isn't a simple template edit. Nor can I find any parameters that can be passed to those services to specify your own image.

You could remove the current code and completely redefine those links, but I am unsure of the implications of that. I am not very familiar with those sharing services.

I can't remember for the life of me, but there is someone on this board who is using different pics for that. I noticed them the other day when looking at their site. Their images are in the upper right hand side block and they were all larger and green to go with their color scheme.

Didn't notice anything in my recent activity so I must not have posted on the thread. I'll keep thinking about it and maybe it'll come to me where I saw it at so you can PM them.....

Ok, found her. Except it wasn't on this board, but on a different one for different software. How she did it was to create the images she wanted to use, put them side by side in a rectangular block, then made an image map of it. By doing that you can just use the links that are used with the regular social media links, only your using them in your own image map.

You would think that as long as you use the same links provided by the social medias, then whatever image you are using wouldn't matter... ?

You would think that as long as you use the same links provided by the social medias, then whatever image you are using wouldn't matter... ?
I'm fairly sure Facebook have strict controls over which images can be used, the others may be the same.

May be, I haven't read all the fine print, I just use the code they give out.

Ok, just went back and looked. She's not getting the number counts etc. She's just doing a basic link back to the page for that media. Her Facebook image just take you to her Facebook page and from there you'd have to hit the like button (which would add to her count) but she's not showing counts on her page anyway. So in essence, she's really not using their code. So I guess in that regard she wouldn't be breaking any FB rules as all she really has is just a regular link, not the one they give you.

But her images work great on her page...guess it's all in what you want. If you don't care about the number counts showing....

Yeah, I figured I could completely change the images, I just like the idea of the "share" with a number, and the little pop-up that shows up.... If I changed it, seems to me it would be more of a "Visit My Social Media Pages" type of thing.

the only other thing I can think of would be some snazzy css layout work. Mark your image overlay the image part but leave the bubble with number showing....but that's outside my paygrade ....LOL

the only other thing I can think of would be some snazzy css layout work. Mark your image overlay the image part but leave the bubble with number showing....but that's outside my paygrade ....LOL

Yeah, mine as well... haha. I'm doing good to get the images in it first.

Top Bottom