XF 2.2 Share links show XF app?

Alvin63

With the share links on my forum - when clicked on, why do they show the Xenforo app for posting on connected accounts?

I don't really understand the question but I'm guessing it's to do with the meta logo.

Enter metadata logo in the ACP search and upload your own logo.

Or if you prefer if the first post has an image attached to it and to use that...

This is what I mean. If I click on the Pinterest share logo, it opens up the Pinterest account I set up and shows this as the thing to share. It does it on some of the other share apps as well. This is just a screenshot of the first bit, but it's interactive and changes to show various different XF things - like how to download the XF app. It actually then appears in the Pinterest account as an uploaded Pin on the board.

XF app photo.jpg

Do you have any add-ons extending the sharing? I have no issues with mine.. in fact, I don't even use Pinterest.. and it prompted me to set up a new account and then gave me this for a thread.

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 7.02.31 AM.webp

I don't think I have any add-ons extending the sharing. I have three forums and it does the same on all of them. Assumed I need to set something up re sharing icons.

I don't think I have any add-ons extending the sharing. I have three forums and it does the same on all of them. Assumed I need to set something up re sharing icons.
If you look closely.. the URLS are different for the Pinterest in mine and yours... you may have a browser add-on interfering or something similar. Try it in another browser.. mine shows as pin-builder and yours shows as a pin/create/bookmark.

Where in my site, is the XF interactive app thing located?!
Errr... there is no "XF interactive app thing" as far as I know... you have a PWA app that you can use (ACP->Setup)... but sharing links is dependent on having an account with that service.. and if you have any browser add-ons (or apps installed that interfere like on a phone) it could change the browser behavior... ergo why I suggested you try with a browser you don't normally use and that has no "extensions" enabled.

"Install the app". Where did that come from?
That's the PWA app it's prompting you to install... set up where I linked to earlier. You don't want it prompted for your users to install.. disable it.
Thats' more a phone OS specific issue... you should be able to tell it to ignore that prompt.

That's the PWA app it's prompting you to install... set up where I linked to earlier.
Thats' more a phone OS specific issue... you should be able to tell it to ignore that prom
Looked up Set up PWA and nothing there except a red banner saying your board does not meet the requirements to be an installable progressive web app.

I need to check if that "Install the app" appears on other peoples phones as well.

The sharing links I was doing on desktop and get this advert for the Xenforo app as well.

Looked up Set up PWA and nothing there except a red banner saying your board does not meet the requirements to be an installable progressive web app.
This may be a bug then... as it (to me) should only prompt for the install app if PWA mode is correctly enabled and you see this

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 7.37.08 AM.png

you have to set the opengraph image (check that it is correct in all themes) because by default xf has that gif which by the way has nothing to do with it.
Has ZERO to do with the PWA Install App prompt.
In fact, there are two places to upload images to use for the Icon for the PWA link that is installed on the desktops and mobile devices.

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 7.39.46 AM.png

you have to set the opengraph image (check that it is correct in all themes) because by default xf has that gif which by the way has nothing to do with it.
Thanks. So setting an opengraph image will get rid of it? It's really annoying. So it's a XF gif? Where does it come from - if that's not a stupid question?

This may be a bug then... as it (to me) should only prompt for the install app if PWA mode is correctly enabled and you see this

View attachment 288007

Has ZERO to do with the PWA Install App prompt.
In fact, there are two places to upload images to use for the Icon that is installed on the desktops and mobile devices.
Assume PWA is to set an app for your own site though, rather than the XF site?

Top Bottom