Shadow of The Colosus Movie

DRE

Shadow of The Colossus, one of the best PlayStation 2 videogames of all time is being made into a movie by the director of Chronicle, Josh Trank. Shadow of the Colossus is a fantasy action game about a boy, with his horse, a useless bow and arrow and magical sword, stalks down 12 really huge monsters and kills them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For a long time I sat here dumb founded as to how anyone could make this film-worthy. Don't get me wrong I love this game. There's just way too much room for failure. The only character interaction is with your horse, the colossus and the evil spirits that posses them. I think they should expand upon the circumstances bringing the hero to the forbidden land in the first place (20 minute exposition) then let the adventure begin with the king's men on this dude's tails as he slays the colossi one by one. I think I could buy that angle. Besides the epic action events, the movie needs really good cinematography and scenes that evoke loneliness. Seriously, probably the most isolated experiences I've ever had playing a game because there were no baddies to fight or NPCs to interact with on my way from each colossus. Everything else was perfect though from the mood, music, lighting atmosphere, boss battles and even the story made me curious to find out more.

As much as I really like Shadow of the Colossus (and ICO), I am not too excited about the prospect of a movie made out of it.
Most video game based movies, at the exception of Silent Hill, were not only average movies but also did not correctly reflect the spirit of the original piece.
I, therefore, have very little hope for this to be end up being a good movie, but would be glad if it does end up being one.

As much as I really like Shadow of the Colossus (and ICO), I am not too excited about the prospect of a movie made out of it.
Most video game based movies, at the exception of Silent Hill, were not only average movies but also did not correctly reflect the spirit of the original piece.
I, therefore, have very little hope for this to be end up being a good movie, but would be glad if it does end up being one.
The most we can hope for is that it does so well that Sony will be forced to make a sequel.

Movie-wise or game-wise. I prefer game-wise.

Team ICO is already making a new game:

Not sure if I would call it a sequel, but from what I saw, it could fit into the same universe.
Seriously, probably the most isolated experiences I've ever had playing a game because there were no baddies to fight or NPCs to interact with on my way from each colossus. Everything else was perfect though from the mood, music, lighting atmosphere, boss battles and even the story made me curious to find out more.
What about hunting crows? :D

Team ICO is already making a new game:

Not sure if I would call it a sequel, but from what I saw, it could fit into the same universe.

What about hunting crows? :D
That game is taking too long.

IIRC, it was announced in 2010. They showed off Sorcery (different devs though) at E3 in 2009, and that just got a release date....

Top Bottom