Several Style Properties improvements

psTubble27

1. Remove hard-coded CSS: body .message .newIndicator { margin-right: .... }. Let it be assigned via Style Properties.

2. Remove hard-coded CSS: .linkGroup .Popup a { padding: .... }. Let it be assigned via Style Properties.

3. Add Style Properties to target the breadcrumb link.

4. Add more flexible Style Properties to target the Nav Sub-links. Right now they are much too tied with the main Nav links.

5. Add more flexible Style Properties to target each of navTab.account a, .inbox a, or .alerts a{}.

6. Separate primary/secondaryContent in menus from primary/secondaryContent in the overall page layout. In other words, add separate primary/secondaryContent Style Properties just to the menus alone.

7. Add Style Properties to assign InlineModForm (the list of posts on the screen) its own border, separate from the generic .section.

8. Within MessageLayout, add Style Properties for .messageList .message .messageInfo{}, decouple its background from the generic Primary Content background.

9. Within MessageElements, add Style Properties to individually target public and private controls.

10. Add a lot more Style Properties to target sidebar blocks.

Last edited:
Upvote 8
thanks Amaury, I'll check.

One more thing: the "Write your reply..." placeholder in Redactor is hard-coded to be inserted by JavaScript. Am I mistaken or should I add that to the OP as a feature to be definitely made optional?

It's a phrase.

Really though, suggestions such as this are outside the scope of the rules as suggestions should be limited to one per thread.

1. Remove hard-coded CSS: body .message .newIndicator { margin-right: .... }. Let it be assigned via Style Properties.

2. Remove hard-coded CSS: .linkGroup .Popup a { padding: .... }. Let it be assigned via Style Properties.

3. Add Style Properties to target the breadcrumb link.

4. Add more flexible Style Properties to target the Nav Sub-links. Right now they are much too tied with the main Nav links.

5. Add more flexible Style Properties to target each of navTab.account a, .inbox a, or .alerts a{}.

6. Separate primary/secondaryContent in menus from primary/secondaryContent in the overall page layout. In other words, add separate primary/secondaryContent Style Properties just to the menus alone.

7. Add Style Properties to assign InlineModForm (the list of posts on the screen) its own border, separate from the generic .section.

8. Within MessageLayout, add Style Properties for .messageList .message .messageInfo{}, decouple its background from the generic Primary Content background.

9. Within MessageElements, add Style Properties to individually target public and private controls.

10. Add a lot more Style Properties to target sidebar blocks.

5. Are you referring to just the visitorTabs? or both the visitorTabs and public tabs?

Minimally, at least the Visitor tabs. Public tabs differ from board to board so it'd be hard to target those, but every board has an inbox and alerts so adding them to the Style Properties should be both helpful and trivial.

Minimally, at least the Visitor tabs. Public tabs differ from board to board so it'd be hard to target those, but every board has an inbox and alerts so adding them to the Style Properties should be both helpful and trivial.

Was curious. They are all good suggestions (really good) especially for the navigation but i'm used to extra now but it gets a like from me since adding some more navigation SP would most certainly be helpful for beginners.

Yeh, some of these I definitely agree with. But these are things I'm sure XenForo is aware of, very few style properties have been added since initial release as far as I can recall. It just needs someone going through some of these very common elements and creating new style properties, especially for navigation tabs/links and such.

Top Bottom