XF 2.1 Setting up Xenforo 2.0 as a website?

Thabass

Hi all!

Apologies if this is not the right place! Just a quick question. I'm looking to starting a website for gaming and wanted to know if I could leverage Xenforo and use it as a website for news, reviews, and things of that nature.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Many do use XenForo as their entire website and not just their forum. Often sites can set a news page or similar as their actual homepage, which will just be a page provided by an add-on.

There are a few ways to do news. If you want to showcase posts only you've written, you'd put them in a forum. You could also set up an RSS poster to post threads from an external news source into a forum. Then you can use an add-on like XenPorta to display these threads nicely, and set that as your home route. For basic needs, there's actually also the add-on in the XenForo dev tutorial which (iirc) displays threads from a forum on a separate page.

I don't think there is an add-on for reviews, though.

In general, you can definitely use XenForo as a website. For specific features, you'll need an add-on providing that functionality of course.

Many do use XenForo as their entire website and not just their forum. Often sites can set a news page or similar as their actual homepage, which will just be a page provided by an add-on.

There are a few ways to do news. If you want to showcase posts only you've written, you'd put them in a forum. You could also set up an RSS poster to post threads from an external news source into a forum. Then you can use an add-on like XenPorta to display these threads nicely, and set that as your home route. For basic needs, there's actually also the add-on in the XenForo dev tutorial which (iirc) displays threads from a forum on a separate page.

I don't think there is an add-on for reviews, though.

In general, you can definitely use XenForo as a website. For specific features, you'll need an add-on providing that functionality of course.

Oh this sounds great. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom