RM 1.2 Setting up the Xenforo Resource Manager as subscription-bases

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
I am trying to set up the XF Resource Manager (version 1.2) for the first time.

I want to make it so that in order to list something in the Resource Manager the member must have an active monthly or yearly paid subscription.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this.

First, I have set up the two subscriptions under User Upgrades. However, I'm not sure
  • where a member goes to subscribe to one of the upgrades figured this out - I needed to set up the usergroup permissions
  • where to find a list of members who are subscribers
Second, I have set up the Resource Manager categories and options and I see how to create a new resource there. How do I best link the User Upgrades (i.e., subscriptions) to the ability to create a new resource in the Resource Manager?

Last edited:
where to find a list of members who are subscribers
/admin.php?user-upgrades/active
Second, I have set up the Resource Manager categories and options and I see how to create a new resource there. How do I best link the User Upgrades to the ability to create a new resource in the Resource Manager?
Usergroup permissions -> your group -> Resource permissions -> Create resources
This will allow them to post in every category.

Resources -> Resource categories -> your category -> Permissions -> your group -> Create resources
This is how you can limit the access to specific cats.

/admin.php?user-upgrades/active

Usergroup permissions -> your group -> Resource permissions -> Create resources
This will allow them to post in every category.

Resources -> Resource categories -> your category -> Permissions -> your group -> Create resources
This is how you can limit the access to specific cats.
But how do I restrict those permissions to only those members who have purchased a user upgrade?

New problem. When I try to create a test listing, I get this error:

The requested resource could not be found.

I'm trying to create the listing in a valid category. I am an Admin so I have the correct permissions for access. It is a straight service announcement listing, no uploads, no fee for viewing or anything like that.

The error is not helpful at all, obviously. It just tells me there is an error with no clues as to what error or how to correct it.

Top Bottom