XF 2.1 Setting homepage and forums to two separate urls

entelechy

Currently my platform has both the homepage and the forums page resolving to the single url: the main root domain.

What I'd like is for the homepage to display a page from the main root domain, based on the option in ACP > Basic Information > Forums Default Page: "New Posts", and for the forums page to display a page from the page rootdomain.com/forums which displays the ACP > Basic Information > Forums Default page: "Forums".

Users would see the New Posts page for the homepage (inc. that sidebar and New Posts displayed where forum nodes normally are) and would see the Forums page on /forums (inc. that sidebar and forum nodes displayed).

Is this achievable from using the native setting only (ie. without customization)? Right now I'm struggling to even split the homepage (clicking on logo) and forums page (clicking on forums in the nav) so that they go to different pages/templates.

Currently my platform has both the homepage and the forums page resolving to the single url: the main root domain.

What I'd like is for the homepage to display a page from the main root domain, based on the option in ACP > Basic Information > Forums Default Page: "New Posts", and for the forums page to display a page from the page rootdomain.com/forums which displays the ACP > Basic Information > Forums Default page: "Forums".

Users would see the New Posts page for the homepage (inc. that sidebar and New Posts displayed where forum nodes normally are) and would see the Forums page on /forums (inc. that sidebar and forum nodes displayed).

Is this achievable from using the native setting only (ie. without customization)? Right now I'm struggling to even split the homepage (clicking on logo) and forums page (clicking on forums in the nav) so that they go to different pages/templates.

make your index page route: somepage/

When I make the index page route: forums/-/new-posts and click on the logo it goes to a full page version of "New Posts", but I'm trying to set the homepage to display what's displayed when ACP > Options > Basic Information > Forums Default Page is set to "New Posts" (ie. not full page, but has a sidebar + other features and the page template is "forum_new_posts", not "whats_new_posts".

Also as well, when I change the index page route to forums/-/new-posts the homepage url changes to include that, where I'm also wanting to keep the url as the root domain like normal.

Top Bottom