Lack of interest Setting an imprint link similar to the privacy policy and the terms

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
As per german law I am required to provide an imprint, meaning I am legally obligated to provide data on who operates the website and how people can reach me.

This has to be available (according to some smart judge) with a maximum of two clicks from everywhere on the website.

Since there is already a function to provide footer links for help, privacy policy and the terms of use, I would love it if you guys could provide a similar feature for the imprint.
I believe since the function itself is not different from the others which are already provided programming should not be too much of a hassle.

So far I have alway handled this with setting up a help page with the required content and then editing the footer link into the template manually. Unfortunate after every update I have to redo this. No big deal, but if you could mange that, I would highly appreciate it.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just create a new help page or regular page with your "Impressum" and add it to the footer. There is no need for a special solution.

Or use this product from XenDACH.de to obey all aspects of German law:
[XenDACH] EU-GPDR

Just create a new help page or regular page with your "Impressum" and add it to the footer. There is no need for a special solution.

Or use this product from XenDACH.de to obey all aspects of German law:
[XenDACH] EU-GPDR

I am quite aware of the add-on on xenDACH, but first of all it is not available for XF2 and second I prefer not to run any add ons if there could be an in-house solution as simple as this.
My times as a programmer are long past and I have virtually zero experience using php, but I am quite aware of how easy it would be to create an in-house solution for this.
I am also quite aware of the price of that add-on and even though I am aware of how much money they put into it by going to lawyers and getting legal advice, I am simply not willing to pay that amount of money for adding an imprint; than I would rather keep doing it the way I am doing it right now.

So I stand by my request to add a solution similar to the current way of being able to add a privacy policy and a the terms of use.

Just as said above, add a help page and name it imprint. And with TMS you can add a link to imprint in the footer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-20 21.04.04.webp
    Screenshot 2019-01-20 21.04.04.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2019-01-20 21.05.58.webp
    Screenshot 2019-01-20 21.05.58.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 39
So far I have alway handled this with setting up a help page with the required content and then editing the footer link into the template manually. Unfortunate after every update I have to redo this. No big deal, but if you could mange that, I would highly appreciate it.
Why should an update/upgrade deleting help pages and/or footer links? Nothing happens to me since XF1.0

Top Bottom