Lack of interest Set fixed URL for a thread/article

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Tradidi

It would be handy to be able to set the url for an article or a thread. Drupal does this and I have found it very handy.

Yes, we can do something similar with Routes in XenForo, but with a few drawbacks:
  1. You have to know the url that XF generates. But if the title of the article or thread changes, the url that XF generates changes as well and this will break the Route you have set up, so you'd have to remember to update that Route as well.
  2. You still need to go to a different area in the Admin, adding a few clicks and navigations to your workflow. It would be much handier if it were one of the options in the article/thread creation screen.
  3. You may want to give users the ability to edit the title, but not the url. This would currently be impossible.
I'm converting about 80 articles from a previous site, trying to keep (or redirect) the old URLs. I can imagine other people have tried the same and may like anything that makes this easier.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom