Resource icon

Session Cache 1.0.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Session Cache - Seperate cache configuration for session data

Allows the setup of a dedicated session cache distinct from the normal XF cache

Defines a "sessionCache" section in addition to of a "cache" section. Takes all the same options, except $config['cache']['cacheSessions']

Note;
  • if no 'sessionCache' section is defined or it is disabled, falls back on existing cache/mysql storage
Migration

A migration script is provided which knows how to copy MySQL or...

Read more about this resource...

What's the best use for this? Can I have more aggressive caching for guests or something?

What's the best use for this? Can I have more aggressive caching for guests or something?
It allows session and general cache to be separated out. Since memcache/redis are single process, this can help reduce latency by using more instances.

This isn't something most people would need.

interesting is this needed if I have server setup with php sessions cached at php level using redis server caching ?

Code:
php --ri session | egrep 'session.save_handler|handlers'
Registered save handlers => files user memcache memcached redis rediscluster redis rediscluster
Registered serializer handlers => php_serialize php php_binary
session.save_handler => redis => redis

interesting is this needed if I have server setup with php sessions cached at php level using redis server caching ?

Code:
php --ri session | egrep 'session.save_handler|handlers'
Registered save handlers => files user memcache memcached redis rediscluster redis rediscluster
Registered serializer handlers => php_serialize php php_binary
session.save_handler => redis => redis
The XenForo session system doesn't interact with php session handler and are independent systems.

Is it advisable to make the session tables InnoDB or does it matter at all after this is active?

Is it advisable to make the session tables InnoDB or does it matter at all after this is active?
It is XenForo core functionality which allows the session store to be in the cache system. This add-on just allows separate cache configuration just for sessions vs general cache stuff.

This is just for contents of xf_session (which is normally MyISAM, but I would seriously consider changing to InnoDB). The xf_session_activity table is normally a memory table, and is untouched by what this add-on does.

but I would seriously consider changing to InnoDB
Is it safe to convert session table to InnoDB regarding this tutorial?

Can some of this be converted to InnoDB?

These fields are to remain MyISAM

Code:
xf_import_log
xf_search_index
xf_session
xf_session_admin

and these 3 are to remain as memory

Code:
xf_attachment_view
xf_session_activity
xf_thread_view

Top Bottom