Lack of interest Service worker management / options / access

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

janslu

I am playing around with PWA for my forum. Basics are simple, and it works pretty great. but it would be great if we could have access to a service file worker content.
Usage cases:
1. I have a forum as a subfolder for a large domain with already existing service worker, including caching and notifications. This service worker has a scope of '/' and Xenforo is using a score of /js/xf/. Since I already manage notifications in the main service worker anyway, I could just disable "yours" and take care of the notifications myself.
2. Adding WorkBox is dead simple to include and gives an easy and flexible way to precache resources. I could manage this in the main service-worker, or I could create a different service worker if only I had a better way to manage the file than patching source code of js files... But I think, you could look into proper caching and preaching styles and js using workbox as a tool...

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom