1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ServerComplete new dedi offering

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Tracy Perry, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

For anyone interested in a good hosting provider, ServerComplete has just came out with a new limited time offering.

Code:
    Processor: Intel Core2Duo E8300
    Memory: 4GB DDR2
    Primary Hard Drive: 80GB SATA
    Secondary Hard Drive: N/A
    Bandwidth: 100Mbps Unmetered
    IP Addresses: 1 IP
    Operating System: Supported Linux Distributions OR  Windows Server 2008 R2
    Control Panel: None or DirectAdmin
    Data Center: Jacksonville, FL
    Price: $29.00 Month

When I go to add it into my servers, the actual price is $25.00 but I don't know if that's because I have 3 other servers with them or not and I get a discount. Not really worried about $4 personally.

Add-ons for there server consist of
    Code:
    Hardware Upgrades

Additional 500GB SATA HD: $10.00/month
    Additional 1TB SATA HD: $15.00/month
    Additional 2TB SATA HD: $25.00/month
    Additional 128GB SSD: $25.00/month
    Additional 256GB SSD: $45.00/month
    Additional 12GB DDR3 ECC RAM: $20.00/month

Network Upgrades

100Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth: $30.00/month
    1Gbps Switch Port: $10.00/month
    Additional 4 IP Addresses: $4.00/month
    Additional 8 IP Addresses: $6.00/month
    Additional 16 IP Addresses: $10.00/month
    Additional 32 IP Addresses: $16.00/month

Software Licensing

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard: $25.00/month/CPU
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise: $40.00/month/CPU
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter: $100.00/month/CPU
    DirectAdmin: $15.00/month
    cPanel/WHM: $29.95/month
    I have no association with them other than being a happy customer.

Link to their WebHostingTalk entry. Even though it shows 1 IP above, their WHT states you get 5 IP's.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Great price!

But of course as a word of caution, it's almost 6 year desktop-grade equipment, non-ECC RAM, extremely old (and I would imagine well-used) hard drive, etc. I would be VERY weary using a server like this in any sort of production environment , unless it's a small personal site or such.

3. Tracy Perry

Exactly.. but I doubt if it is a well-used HD. They typically stick new drives in (rest of the hardware is probably older (CPU/MB/etc). For someone who is wanting to get a VPS with a decent data center I figured it was a pretty good deal. I'll stick with my dual L5520's and L5639's personally. ;)

4. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

When is the last time you have seen a new 80GB hard drive? ;) Almost guaranteed they are old and very well-used. The only ones I know of are all old OEM equipment dating back from 2005/06...even the "new" ones.

5. Tracy Perry

Actually I've seen some not to long ago... still in the factory wrapped boxes. ;)
    Business had half a pallet of them. Asked me what to do with them and I told 'em to sell 'em on ebay since the local demand wouldn't bring much. He got them at an auction of a business that was going bye-bye.

I know that refurbs are still available, and generally have no problem buying them as I've found that if refurbed by the manufacturer they generally are more reliable than the new ones I've gotten. :p

As long as the end-user does best practices by backing up regularly (and they should anyway) it's not that big of a deal since they would have replacements on hand (and if not you would probably end up with a much larger new one plugged into it's place).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013