ServerComplete new dedi offering

TPerry

For anyone interested in a good hosting provider, ServerComplete has just came out with a new limited time offering.

Code:
Processor: Intel Core2Duo E8300
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Primary Hard Drive: 80GB SATA
Secondary Hard Drive: N/A
Bandwidth: 100Mbps Unmetered
IP Addresses: 1 IP
Operating System: Supported Linux Distributions OR  Windows Server 2008 R2
Control Panel: None or DirectAdmin
Data Center: Jacksonville, FL
Price: $29.00 Month

When I go to add it into my servers, the actual price is $25.00 but I don't know if that's because I have 3 other servers with them or not and I get a discount. Not really worried about $4 personally.

Add-ons for there server consist of
Code:
Hardware Upgrades

Additional 500GB SATA HD: $10.00/month
Additional 1TB SATA HD: $15.00/month
Additional 2TB SATA HD: $25.00/month
Additional 128GB SSD: $25.00/month
Additional 256GB SSD: $45.00/month
Additional 12GB DDR3 ECC RAM: $20.00/month

Network Upgrades

100Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth: $30.00/month
1Gbps Switch Port: $10.00/month
Additional 4 IP Addresses: $4.00/month
Additional 8 IP Addresses: $6.00/month
Additional 16 IP Addresses: $10.00/month
Additional 32 IP Addresses: $16.00/month

Software Licensing

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard: $25.00/month/CPU
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise: $40.00/month/CPU
Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter: $100.00/month/CPU
DirectAdmin: $15.00/month
cPanel/WHM: $29.95/month

I have no association with them other than being a happy customer.

Link to their WebHostingTalk entry. Even though it shows 1 IP above, their WHT states you get 5 IP's.

Last edited:
Great price!

But of course as a word of caution, it's almost 6 year desktop-grade equipment, non-ECC RAM, extremely old (and I would imagine well-used) hard drive, etc. I would be VERY weary using a server like this in any sort of production environment , unless it's a small personal site or such.

Great price!

But of course as a word of caution, it's almost 6 year desktop-grade equipment, non-ECC RAM, extremely old (and I would imagine well-used) hard drive, etc. I would be VERY weary using a server like this in any sort of production environment , unless it's a small personal site or such.
Exactly.. but I doubt if it is a well-used HD. They typically stick new drives in (rest of the hardware is probably older (CPU/MB/etc). For someone who is wanting to get a VPS with a decent data center I figured it was a pretty good deal. I'll stick with my dual L5520's and L5639's personally. ;)

Exactly.. but I doubt if it is a well-used HD. They typically stick new drives in

When is the last time you have seen a new 80GB hard drive? ;) Almost guaranteed they are old and very well-used. The only ones I know of are all old OEM equipment dating back from 2005/06...even the "new" ones.

When is the last time you have seen a new 80GB hard drive? ;) Almost guaranteed they are old and very well-used. The only ones I know of are all old OEM equipment dating back from 2005/06...even the "new" ones.
Actually I've seen some not to long ago... still in the factory wrapped boxes. ;)
Business had half a pallet of them. Asked me what to do with them and I told 'em to sell 'em on ebay since the local demand wouldn't bring much. He got them at an auction of a business that was going bye-bye.

I know that refurbs are still available, and generally have no problem buying them as I've found that if refurbed by the manufacturer they generally are more reliable than the new ones I've gotten. :p

As long as the end-user does best practices by backing up regularly (and they should anyway) it's not that big of a deal since they would have replacements on hand (and if not you would probably end up with a much larger new one plugged into it's place).

Last edited:
Top Bottom