Server Offline

shawn

Short version is that I tried to upgrade from PHP 5.6 to 7.1, something broke, I tried to revert back to 5.6, and I haven't been able to fix it.

Nginx/PHP-FPM/Maria DB

Disabled the cache, disabled listeners, tried every different PHP/NGINX config I can think of, and it's still broken. Also pointed the XF config file to a backup DB, still no joy.

All I get is a "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." error in plain text. phpinfo() works. A simple wordpress site on the same server also works.

Kinda at my wit's end here.

Enable debug mode - more information will be available on the error.

If you can access the ACP, there will be entries in the error log related to it, which should point to the cause.

Enable debug mode - more information will be available on the error.

If you can access the ACP, there will be entries in the error log related to it, which should point to the cause.
An exception occurred: strpos(): Empty needle in /.../library/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 506
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strpos() inZend/Controller/Request/Http.php at line506
  3. Zend_Controller_Request_Http->setBaseUrl() inZend/Controller/Request/Http.php at line553
  4. Zend_Controller_Request_Http->getBaseUrl() inZend/Controller/Request/Http.php at line572
  5. Zend_Controller_Request_Http->setBasePath() inZend/Controller/Request/Http.php at line602
  6. Zend_Controller_Request_Http->getBasePath() in XenForo/Application.phpat line 831
  7. XenForo_Application::getRequestPaths() inXenForo/FrontController.php at line 282
  8. XenForo_FrontController->setRequestPaths() inXenForo/FrontController.php at line 124
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in/.../index.php at line 13

Commented out fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info; in the vhost conf file, and the index page loads, but nothing actually works because the paths for all the links are broken.

That was the clue. I'm not sure why (or when they changed), but the fastcgi_params file was out of date, and didn't match what is currently listed here: https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/topics/examples/phpfcgi/

Once I updated the list of variables to match, it all started working again.

The only reasoning I have that makes any sense is that upgrading (or troubleshooting afterward) triggered a reload of php-fpm and/or nginx that loaded old/bad/deprecated config files.

Top Bottom